Tailess whipscorpions

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
On corkbark...how bad is the mold? I would let it mold...and then leave it alone in a container. Whatever nutrients they are using they should eventually use up, and then the mold will cease. I've never had even the slightest mold on my corkbark, even pieces halfway in the water section.

Yeah...but wondering about this particular species. If they are indeed cave dwellers, then yes I'd expect them to love humidity.

I think a really cool setup would be a huge tank with a colony of camel crickets and maybe some cave roaches +plus some tailless whipscorpions. You could even have a water section inaccessible to the critters and put in some blind cave tetras!

This thing is crazy skittish. I remember Wade saying the ones he handled lived shorter lives. I'd like mine to live as long as possible of course :). I can't do anything in the tank or anything sude around the tank before he/she bolts(pretty fast despite how clumsy looking they are). I've added water to the substrate and intend on leaving the critter alone for a few days...I'm sure he/she has had enough stress for a day.

Last edited:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They are really skittish. :D Mine will act calm enough if I'm handling it, but if someone breathes on it, it darts around to the other side of my hand.

Great for making people jump. {D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, "she's" awesome! good luck! i love mine they are so interesting,it does look female:clap:

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure she's a female now after several people, including one who did an intensive study on them said so. According to her,males have a pointier abdomen(females are more squared off) and as we know larger pedipalps.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She seems to have settled in. It is amazing to watch her use her one whip. I think if she had both the whipspan would be close to a foot. She can be on one side of the critterkeeper and investigate a possible hidey hole on the other side.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's so cool watching them "probe," isn't it? :D Glad you're entertained with your newest critter.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah...I've observed her feeding several times and it is pretty amazing. The pedipalps look pretty unwieldy but on a flat surface they work surprisingly well.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Has anyone tried any food items on these besids crickets?

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've noticed cockroaches disappearing when I put them in the tank. {D

Tuishimi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last year I had one hanging around on my house. I should have caught it back then, it was beautiful, so elegant. This was before I embarked on my tarantula and now I think "arachnid in general" collecting/keeping. :)

If he/she ever comes back I will give it a good, safe home. :)

We have sunspiders running around all of the time, but they are FAST and I really don't want to get pinched/bit by one. :D

Last edited: