t' shipping question

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i should ask the carrier company this question but ill try u guys first.

being a minor, i cant sign for packages. is it possible for one of my parents to authorize the delivery of the package even thogh they aren't home?

schools out and they dont come home till 6ish....

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sign them yourself, i'm only 17 and i sign mine, they do have my name on them, so hey, it's mine... and the mail man doesn't know your not 18, so sign it anyway, it is your mail. That's what i do anyway.
-Mike

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol i think i should try it. im 16 so it should work.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah just sign it I mean they don't ask for Personal Id to prove you are 18 so they will never know :)

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I work for the USPS and I've had 16 and 17 year olds sign for packages and certified letters before. The only time ID is required is if it's a certified letter with "restricted delivery."
I'm not sure how FedEx, Airborne Express, or UPS works though.

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
Sign them yourself, i'm only 17 and i sign mine, they do have my name on them, so hey, it's mine... and the mail man doesn't know your not 18, so sign it anyway, it is your mail. That's what i do anyway.
-Mike
I've signed for my parents' packages when I was 13.

Seriously, I don't think most mailpersons give a $h*t if you're underaged or not.

MrsG

Arachnopeon
We got a package via Airborne Express today and they just left it on the front step - we were home and nobody even knocked for a signature... not sure about UPS and FedEx though.