T.s in the same house!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ok has anyone ever tried.....keeping two T.s together, i have two curly hair slings, 1 about 2 cm Pollux and he other 3CM both from the same egg sac i got them 2 days ago....so now they have been im guessing seperated about 4 daysish.

has anyone ever sucessful raised two or more T.s in the same closure without any of them killing eachother?

i know if i put them back together they will most probs end up fighting and eating one another, but anyway just curious anyone tried it? or are most people afraid one might get killed?

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Grael,

Many people have cohabitated males and females of the same species for mating purposes. Often the male gets munched, but that is considered part of the risk.

Some people have "permenently" housed multiples of the same species together where there is a general feeling that they may be more accepting of such things than your average T. A.avicularia is an example of this.

Putting different species together, though, is an almost sure-fire way of ending up with one fat T, one severely injured T or no Ts at all.

Cheers,
Dave

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Grael,

Many people have cohabitated males and females of the same species for mating purposes. Often the male gets munched, but that is considered part of the risk.

Some people have "permenently" housed multiples of the same species together where there is a general feeling that they may be more accepting of such things than your average T. A.avicularia is an example of this.

Putting different species together, though, is an almost sure-fire way of ending up with one fat T, one severely injured T or no Ts at all.

Cheers,
Dave
yea i know not to put differant species together lol what you take me for? lol

but you ever had co habiting tarantulas?

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Grael
ok has anyone ever tried.....keeping two T.s together, i have two curly hair slings, 1 about 2 cm Pollux and he other 3CM both from the same egg sac i got them 2 days ago....so now they have been im guessing seperated about 4 daysish.

has anyone ever sucessful raised two or more T.s in the same closure without any of them killing eachother?

i know if i put them back together they will most probs end up fighting and eating one another, but anyway just curious anyone tried it? or are most people afraid one might get killed?
I found this thread...Don't know if it helps :)
http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8694

kairo

Arachnopeon
any other species?

does anybody know if there are any other T's that are reputed for tolerating extra company? pokies? suntigers?

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even if the Ts are the same species, 99% of the time they will munch each other. I've heard reports in Avicularia of conspecifics sometimes being non-hostile in the wild and there are the folks who have had communal groups of poecilotheria and avicularia but most of those that I have read about also ended up, sooner or later, with casualties. The young of Hysterocrates spp. have been reported to live together, with mom, for quite awhile before finally becoming cannibalistic. All in all I wouldn't try it.

Adrian

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I currently have an exception to the rule. My G rosea female has constantly cohabitated with a mature male (2 consecutively) for probably 8-9 months. The first male died during an attempted post ultimate molt (the female left him alone during this as well). The new male has been in there probably 3 or more months, and they still mate regularly. I've never seen or heard of anything like it, for this species. I still say she's a huge exception!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
the only ones i've heard that tolerated one another are the Avicularia. must keep the same species together as well. that's it. still, there's always a risk.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
If you're not too terribly attached to the little guys, what the heck? Why not try? The enclosure would have to be rather large, as they each would need their own "territories" within it. That is also recommended with a. avics. But, you could put two burrows on either side, and mabye some flora and fauna in the middle(???):?