T one; Prey zero

PsychoChaser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In your opinion, which T is the best at running down their prey? Not waiting to grab them as they go by or catching them trapped in the webbing.

Slings, juvi and adults: All are welcome.:confused:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
slings ime are more 'hungry' than their adult counterparts, but they have a lot of growing to do...

the most aggressive eater i've ever had: easily c. elegans :eek:
mine jumps after prey it's own size and eats up to 24 hours before a molt. they are incredibe. whereas my t. apophysis chickens out and runs, she only takes prey if it isn't looking ;)

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Poec. regalis's and ornata are big eaters, the ornata had constructed a wall of web once in front of her hide with no hole, and as a cricket went past she burst out of it, like people which jump through the glass in the movies, and you see them come out on the other side.

LMS

8Pat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 3 inches A. geniculata. is one crazy hunter, he/she catches flies in mid-air!

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 1/2 inch A. seemani & 1.5" B. albopilosum will run down all their prey and stuff all in their fangs at once, one right after another. The B. albo (Bippie) will take all of them back into her hide, roll them all up into one ball and eat a huge cricket combo platter.

My C. cyaneopubescens will eat almost anything and eats within 24hrs of a molt as well...very good appetite.

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. irimina eats with 3 cricks' in its mouth! All my Ts have attacked their lunch with intensity. Gotta love food.

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a couple OBT's that catch food as it's being dropped. I also have a large Seemani that you dont want to have body prts near when food hits floor!

cabey

Arachnopeon
My P. irmina sling one bad little mother. It'll do the "one cricket per fang" thing with regularity. It's kindof funny that such a brutal death can be so frigging cute.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My 2 Apophysis slings seems to never loose their apetite, they are quick to catch the food;-)

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This isn't a T species but my giant huntsmans, especially the babies will pretty much catch the crickets before they even hit the ground! I think the eyesight of these species plays a big part in this!

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My G. rosea sling is pretty calm about food--even wussy at times--but I fed her last night for the first time since she molted almost a week ago, and she caught the cricket as it was falling into her burrow. My voracious lil avic isn't even usually that quick.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My P. pederseni ALWAYS catches her prey before it hits the ground and eats 2 or 3 at a time - how ever many i toss in to her. Most of my T's are pretty aggressive eaters.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
GBB. But the prey has to land somewhere on the web, then it goes faster.

mr_x_plosion

Arachnopeon
I used to have a T. Blondi, she would catch crickets before they hit the ground, and once ate 3 hoppers at the same time, just kept going for them, she was pretty big though and grew very fast.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
N. chromatus is my fiercest hunter. If the cricket hits the floor within a couple inches of it that cricket is either caught in midair or on the first bounce.

Although not as speedy, my A. anax will stalk a cricket all around the cage. He'll follow the crik around until just the right moment... then BAM!!

I've seen my juvie G. aureostriata with as many as 4 baby crix at one time but they have to be dropped right in front of her.

Last edited:

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any juvie will surry after food.

My Pokies and my blondi really chase them around. My big Avic braunhauseni reallyt runs laps around and jump to catch a moth.

Whenever you can get SAFE flying insects and you got an hungry arboreal...

PAAAAAARTY!!!!

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
From my several T's, I'd have to say B. vagans juvies. They often come bursting out of the substrate to nail a luckless cricket.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the adult female C.crawshayi never refuses food...but since she's so deeply burrowed, i can never see her...after i throw the prey in, i put my ear to the entrance of the burrow and listen. every single time i hear the crouching sound...:liar:

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Easily my formosa, she will take on BIG roaches and is definitely a killer. All pokies are hunters.