T.I.T.T.I.E.S. West Texas Trip 2008 photo thead

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
hahahahaha... Seriously though, it was a quaint little town, with some nice characters.

dannax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fill me in on these "mystery lights" that you speak of.

I live in North Texas and there are plenty of towns that are nice and small. One of them proudly displays their "Peckerwoods Jerky" and "Featherwoods Candles" - Nice stuff...:liar: Oh, I should also include the sign, so proudly displayed that says "Don't let the sun go down on your bl*** a**!" :wall: I can't wait to be out of Texas.

But, where you guys went looks awesome. I never spent any time over there except when I drove to Colorado and then I was just passing through. Maybe one day I'll go out there. I'm jealous but I'm still wondering about the "mystery lights" - :D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh. My. God. Those are some really awesome photos.

I couldn't make the trip, so I really enjoyed the pics.

Next year, I will most definitely be there. My company is offering us generous severance packages to leave, so I'm getting out NOW and we should be on our way to TX by the middle of September. CA is dying and it's time to get out.

So... what are the dates for NEXT year's trip so I can put it on my calendar?:rolleyes:

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh. My. God. Those are some really awesome photos.

I couldn't make the trip, so I really enjoyed the pics.

Next year, I will most definitely be there. My company is offering us generous severance packages to leave, so I'm getting out NOW and we should be on our way to TX by the middle of September. CA is dying and it's time to get out.

So... what are the dates for NEXT year's trip so I can put it on my calendar?:rolleyes:

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! Ohmygod! Im so excited! Im going to come visit you as soon as you get here! Im so happy yall are finally getting to move. Do you have any idea how cool this is! I cant wait to introduce you to everyone here!

I dont know what the dates for next years trip will be, but Ill let you know as soon as I can. I want plan anything until I know if there will be an Acon or not. But expect there to be a late fall, or spring trip. ;)

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
These pics weren't taken in Texas.... but the subject was taken from Texas....

Special thanks to Jared, Josh, and Kevin.... Bug hunter extraordinaires :D

You'll dig this guys.... it's the big Hogna I brought home:

Thanks again!

Cheers :)

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome! Good luck with the little demons lol.

They can climb anything, I've learned. And they escape well lol. I guess they're just like little tarantulas in that aspect. Good luck with em :)

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's awesome, Scott. :D

Josh, if you read this, post those pics of the Aphonopelma sp. crawling on my face! :p

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The Hognas are huge out there! Sounds like y'all went all over the place on the trip! ..awesome pics. I've pulled over at that park spot to see if I could see the Marfa Lights. I saw it but it really wasn't that exciting. It looked like a car that was so far away that the headlights just looked like one light that turned white, red and blue. Well what's that planet that looks like it changes color from here on earth, ...Mars?, I can't remember but it looked like that.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did you check out all the widows along the wall on the north side of the viewing area??

We also found some P. gracilior hiding in those little grassy plants.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was about to go and quote the first page, but then I realized we never expanded on that in this thread! {D

The Iinland Texas Tarantula and Invertebrate Enthusiast Society

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was on my way back and felt like I was done since I found what I was after. I was only after one particular T species, a pede and D. whitei scorps, I was really happy to find them all so I stopped looking for stuff. Ha, bad attitude! I thought about looking around the building but I blew it off. I went to Wiki to read about the marfa lights, I don't see how somebody can think the ball of light is the size of a soccer ball, even if it was several yards away it would be hard to tell how big it is. What I saw looked like it was miles away. I think I'm going back out there in Sept to see if I can come across a male T for the female I found last year and look for anything else weird.

bigdog999

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks, IHeartMantids, I'd looked at the beginning to see if it was expounded on. Damn, I was hoping for a different meaning {D

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
really.... im guessing you didnt take a look at the sidewinders.......
They were rather bad looking and quite a few were underfed looking. We met Buzz when we were there.. I gotta tell you ...not 5 minutes after leaving his 'museum' we were stopped by fish and game or fish and wildlife or nature cops...they had a green truck.

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hmm, that's interesting. Was it at night that they stopped you? If not, that'd seem pretty weird and strict to me. What did they say? Did they search the car for reptiles?