T. Gigas bent leg.

jhilde

Arachnopeon
Hello all.
My 1" T. Gigas sling molted 14 days ago and today I noticed it has a bent hinge connecting the tarsus and metatarsus of the second RH leg. The tarsus is bent upwards 90 degrees and when it walkes the hinge doesnt move. Will this correct itself with time or after the next molt? Can this cause problems during the next molt? I can try to get a picture but I would rather not disturb it. Thanks.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Usually, a T will dismember it's own leg if it is like that. They will cut blood flow and chew it off. Don't worry, it will fix itself during it's next molt ;) Should be alright, they are tough little creatures :D

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Hello all.
My 1" T. Gigas sling molted 14 days ago and today I noticed it has a bent hinge connecting the tarsus and metatarsus of the second RH leg. The tarsus is bent upwards 90 degrees and when it walkes the hinge doesnt move. Will this correct itself with time or after the next molt? Can this cause problems during the next molt? I can try to get a picture but I would rather not disturb it. Thanks.
I had a B.smithi that molted in transit and several of it's legs were bent in odd angles. It was a sight to behold earning it the nickname 'Crazy Legs'. It didn't drop any of it's legs and got around ok. It's legs were fixed with the next molt. Now only it's nickname hints at how it was back then.

Your T will take care of it and it'll be fine next molt.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I had the same issue with one of my A. chalcodes. Your T. gigas should remove if necessary, but if it doesn't It may be a hinderance during next moult and may have to lose it then. Thats what I have experienced.

Last edited: