T.Blondi ?

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
T. blondi ICU and Rehab

It seems as if she is doing better. In order to cure the tiny abdomen I would pick up a live "fuzzy" or semi small mouse (about the size of her cephalothorax) and 'stun' it by taking it by the tail and knocking its head on the side of a hard surface such as an aquarium top.

If you rear reptiles your used to this, otherwise it may seem brutal but it nature. You don't want to hit the mouse too hard as you want to make sure its moving. If the mouse is small but furry I would even give it a go at tossing it in "un-stunned" as she may go for it right away. This will give her both nutrients and liquids as I give my Theraphosa blondi a large mouse every other week and large roaches in the mid term.

The reason for my suggestion is because I have been through what you are experiencing. I acquired a shipment from a reptile importer which had been clearly been neglected and very poorly shipped.

All went into ICU - moist paper towels lining the larger container misted the the towels often, changed paper towels daily (by segments as to not stress her by removing her - her 12 hers) a fish tank bubbler with no air stone pumping fresh air into the enclosure but otherwise quite covered. Also a large semi shallow water container always full. When they started to bounce back the live adult/fuzzy/conscious or stunned mouse was fed and all made it out of ICU and were later released after a healthy molt.

Please voice your displeasure to those who treated that beauty this way. I do suggest feeding small rodents as this will keep your T. blondi hydrated in the event that the humidity levels would happen to drop or it doesn't drink enough. This is solely my opinion, but I feel a species this large requires prey larger and with higher H2O levels.

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds like some great advice from everyone. The only things that I would add are, don't feed too much too soon, if something has been without food for a while, it may not be good to over feed it too soon. The mouse idea sounds good to help restore hydration. Also they require good ventilation with the high humidity.