T.blondi strange markings on abdomen

regalis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is my friend's blondi female. Anyone knows what is that on abdomen ? is this normal ?

regalis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
70-75 % . but the thing is..he recived her couple days ago and she already have those markings .

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am not 100% sure I have been look at T. blondi's and there care for a long time and IME people over water these T's and they develop what I like to call water burns this could be that. I have see this on many other T's as well. I have to leave now but will get back soon

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just curious. What causes these "water burns"? I ask this because in my long term caring of blondis, I have never heard of a water burn.

Are the spots just patches of missing hair or are they bumps?

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just curious. What causes these "water burns"? I ask this because in my long term caring of blondis, I have never heard of a water burn.

Are the spots just patches of missing hair or are they bumps?
You have never heard the term "water burn" as it is a term I came up with. I have found that Tarantulas that are kept in highly humid environments such as soaked substrate with no ventilation. Can cause like a pruning effect like when you are in the water to long, which cause's the cuticle to become soft and blister. Think of it like this if you take a tire inner tube pump it up with way more air than is need it will make a bubble or blister then pop at the weakest spot being the thinnest and softest. Tarantulas run off of pressure as well and pressure seeks the weak spots. If the Tarantula is a heavy bodied T such as a blondi they may drag their abdomens which may speed this up.

I am not saying this 100% true in this case. And this is just a theory that I have been working on for some time. So Water Burn is not a real term just something I have come up with to name this Phenomenon and shortly explain my theory.

maybe this helps

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have seen hernias in Ts for quite a few years now (not in large numbers - or moderate numbers even) and I think you (Stinger) are describing a hernia more than a water burn. I can't really say that I agree with the nature of the water burn because of my T. blondi horde and my long term caring of this species.

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have never seen these marks in a T before but they look very much like ring worm (fungal infection) in the species I am aware that can be affected by it.
Maybe some more experienced T keepers had this before and took it to a vet for diagnosis.

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I forgot to answer the question. Sometimes spiders come out of a molt with hair already missing. If there is no swelling, I am almost 100% sure that this is the case. Nothing to be worried about.

Secondly, try to find a Tarantula vet lol.

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I forgot to answer the question. Sometimes spiders come out of a molt with hair already missing. If there is no swelling, I am almost 100% sure that this is the case. Nothing to be worried about.

Secondly, try to find a Tarantula vet lol.
Question answered.

I just said those spots look like ringworm we see preety much in any animal even humans.

And no need for a T vet. if I would see that in my T I would try to culture it. If it is fungus you can even see it at Microscope.

There is no sweling with ringworm either lol
Not saying it is{D

It is a beatiful blondi:worship:

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if you say he received her a couple of days ago how ? was she sent in the post?

i received a parahybana in the post recently and she had small bald patches on her where the tissue used to package her rubbed some of the hairs off.