T. Blondi Question

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, my blondi molted around 2 months ago into around 9 in. the other day she started laying down some serious webbing, and even rolled over on her back to do something. I have pics, and all that jive but nothing to put up here for right now? anyone have any idea why she is doing this? I thought that she may be looking for a male, but I've never read anything about a T turning over on its back for no other reason than to molt.... any ideas....???

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lol sounds like you have a mature male on your hands, can you post a picture?
I think you may have caught him making a sperm web! In fact I am almost positive with no picture you have a mature male.
And if that is the case I have a 8"+ Female in heavy premolt that needs a lover!

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's what I thought at first! How do you know that she's a she? Your "girl" might be a boy. Try to get a clear picture of "her". Did you know that male blondies do not get hooks? Another possibility is if the last molt did not go real well, this might be an early forced molt to correct it. There might be something wrong that you just didn't notice, or internal. Who knows? Good luck.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll get some pics up when my dad gets home, I'm just visiting for the weekend... I do know that when she/it molted she had blood on her pedipalps but it seems to have gone away now, but I know it was there for like 3 weeks.
As far as the sex, it was sold to me as a female about 2 years ago, it certainly looked female, it was wild caught as well, LTC. anyway, I'll get those pics up as soon as possible.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ahahahahahahaha {D {D {D Congratulations! You have a BOY!!! ahahahaha!!!!!{D {D {D Now go find him a girl! He's ready!!! (That's a sperm web, not a molting mat btw.)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, you should be looking for a girl 'cause your T is a male, like everybody has said... :razz:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My girls was on her back when I left today so a few more weeks and shes ready to rock and roll. Send him to TT first ill happly go second.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OK, as far as sending him out, I'd be glad to send him out to you guys, ya'll just work it out as to who wants him first second and so on, I can try and get him out on monday... I just need some addresses, I'll take care of the shipping. It'll be my first ship, just wondering if I should get some cold packs, or if you guys think it would be alright without them... let me know, send me an email, thirtysixwood@yahoo.com. and we will work something out...
I was really just wanting to let him go,,, sorry this is long, but I have to say that I'm so upset that its a male, I've had him for 2 years now, and now he'll be gone soon... its not easy getting a T to grow this size... anyway you guys get with me and let me know what ya'll want to do.

Thanks,
Justin

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is there anyway you can get a hold of the person that sold him to you? If you purchased a female, they should offer you some kind of compensation. It's really really hard raising male Ts, knowing their time with you is limited, but hopefully TT and Ryan will do good for you and you'll get a few of his offspring to start fresh and raise to that size again. Maybe take some really nice pictures of him before you send him away and put the nicest one in a frame.

thirtysixwood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got him from a guy on insecthobbyist.com but I dont remember the guys name, and I dont think paypal goes back that far... I guess its not really that big a deal, at least this one will live out its entire life... uhm,, I have some really nice pictures from the molt... So I will always have those... good thought though.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Paypal does go back that far. Just change the dates in the field and it will go back as long as you want it to.
Worth a try, but I can tell you if I get slings you will have a little army of blondi to raise up. {D