T. Blondi problem

elspyder

Arachnopeon
Hello
I have a problem with my T. Blondi.
In recent days he was weak, moving very slowly.
Today when I went to see her, I saw that is weaker and no longer walks, have reaction when I touch it, but do not leave the same place.
What could it be?
Going to die?

pok2010

Arachnopeon
Do you have the following info mate (please dont take affence, but it will help =])

what temps is s/he kept at ?

humidity ?

any pests ??

spiderling/sub adult/adult ?

enclosure size (iv had T's not eaty and act weird through the enclosure sizes, e.g my poecilotheria formosa 6 inch female will not eat drink and stress alot if she is in anything bigger than 2.5 gallon << seems small but she is sturborn and still has plenty of space to do her thing)

thankyou =]

elspyder

Arachnopeon
Hello
Yes i follow the info mate.
Temp: 82ºf (27ºc)
humidity:80%
Are adult and i guess is preparing for moulting, becouse the color of the abdomen is dark.
The size of the enclosure is 70x40x20.
I have others t´s since 10years and never see this before.
thank you for helping me.

pok2010

Arachnopeon
NOOO thankyou :p

from the info mate, from experience, she sounds very lethargic, and well it sounds like an up comming molt mate =]

sorry for the questions ... better safe than sorry i spose :worship:

elspyder

Arachnopeon
sounds like an up comming molt mate =]
That's what i think first!!! But the blondi don't make de molt web, and is in her feet, not in the molt position...
I will wait, and see what happening.

I'm so sorry for my english, but i'm portuguese.
I'm sorry also because when i wrote the first message, i was in panic, and i forgot to tell the most important things, like the condictions that my blondi is.

Past sunday she was active and even start digging the substract in the enclousure. She was showing a dark abdomen, wich suggest molting soon.
In the middle of the night she was diving the abdomen in the water recipient.
Monday morning she was in the same place/position. She doesn't react, so i moove her and reforce even more the humidity in the enclousure.
Today she is in the same condition. She react slowly, but stay still in the same place, looks weak with the "close" legs (almost like an dead tarantula).

Last edited: