T blondi lump rupture, advice?!

Mudskipper

Arachnopeon
I have a CB 4-5 inch female blondi who developed a small lump above her spinnerettes immediately after her last molt (4 months ago.) I took it as no biggie since she's CB and the species is prone to 'harmless lumps' that eventually vanish. The lump never grew, no, but it did lose hair and after she flicked at me one day (while tidying her home up with tongs) she sprung a tiny leak that went away on it's own quickly. She's behaved normally since that molt and eats readily. This morning the 'top layer' of the lump seemed to have lifted like a scab with some pink flesh bulging underneath. The pink stuff is 'moist' but not dripping or actively bleeding. She seems a little stressed :( lots of cage wandering where she used to just sit in or at the mouth of her hide-pot. I did see her drink once today.

I dribbles a bit of liquid bandage on the area and put her in ICU. Should I spread some superglue over the owie? No photos, sorry. :wall: I raised this girl from the size of a quarter and I really don't want to lose her. :(

dr_hemlock2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello

i tried some of that liquid bandage and it stung like all out. super glue also stings but maybe not as much i do not know if they feel pain like we do but i understand your concern with her. i would try perhaps Elmer's glue since it is somewhat flexible and drys pretty well and is somewhat elastic and will eventually fall off once it is healed. now i know sometimes they like to take a bath but you did not say she was doing this so i figured it could not hurt and if they do feel pain perhaps this is why she is like going around the tank saying "ouch that smarts" you never know and i am not a professional just going by what i have used in the past.
"doc"
:)

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cornstarch also works well as a clotting device. if it's only moist, i'd try the cornstarch.

if it starts bleeding profusely, i've heard candle wax is a good "STAT" fix (though i've never tried it). superglue is more reliable than liquid bandage, IMHO.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't use anything with any chemicals in it if you can. If the wound is still moist try putting some toilet paper over it. Cut it into small pieces, and lay them over the wound, they should dry and harden and make a kind of a scab, which your T should then moult out of.

Mudskipper

Arachnopeon
Did the tissue paper thing. More 'pink stuff' bulged into view overnight thought it seems to have stopped. She's starting to go into a death curl. :( :wall: :*(

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Put her in an ICU if you have not already. Make sure she has water. Im hoping for the best.

Mudskipper

Arachnopeon
She's been in ICU for the last 72 hours. She's still here..partial death curl but walks around every once in a while. I'm starting to think 'freezer' =(

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You may not be able to stop the fluid loss, if not she won't make it. Keep her in the ICU, with moisture and disturb her as little as possible. I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Another option if you are against any chemicals is to just clott it with some of the substrate. I understand an abdomen rupter is different but thats what I used for an injured leg and it worked great. recommended per Botar.