T.blondi help

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi PPl

My T.blondi hasn't been his usual self. I don't think he has eaten anything for over a month and a half. I haven't even seen him move for over a week. He is alive though because when a blew some air into his enclosure he flicked some hairs. But is there something wrong with him?

Cheers,

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First off I would never blow air at a tarantula. They just simply don't like it. When was the last time your blondi molted? Is there enough humidity in the tank? A lot of questions I could ask but I think you get the idea...lol

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hasn't molted for..........about 6 months. I mist his enclosure every second day and he has a full water dish.

Cheers,

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
If its over 6" it might be a very very long time before it eats. Leave it alone if there are no mites. Try feeding it next month. If any on my T's refuse food, just wait a couple weeks-a month, then try again. If its a very large blondi it might be of old age.....unlikley but possible. How long have you had it, size, ect?

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If its over 6" it might be a very very long time before it eats. Leave it alone if there are no mites. Try feeding it next month. If any on my T's refuse food, just wait a couple weeks-a month, then try again. If its a very large blondi it might be of old age.....unlikley but possible. How long have you had it, size, ect?
I've had it for more then a year and he's probably 8+ inches. Old age would make sense though. He's been slowing down over the time I have had him. He's not as active as he use to be. Doesn't eat as much as he use to. So maybe it is old age.

Cheers,

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As long as your T is plump, do not worry about it. I have one adult female T. blondi that has not eaten in over 13 months. But it is because I fed her so well (she is STILL a fat-ass!). I was reading this whole thread, and you have been referring to it as a "him". Is it a male? At 8", he will probably turn into a mature male. But anyway, I have had T. blondi go 3 months off feeding before a molt. Make sure the environment is good. (high humidity, warm temp. deep substrate, no parasite) and he will be fine.

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
I've had it for more then a year and he's probably 8+ inches. Old age would make sense though. He's been slowing down over the time I have had him. He's not as active as he use to be. Doesn't eat as much as he use to. So maybe it is old age.

Cheers,
Just as BLS Blondi stated a large mautre blondi can go a very long time with no food, over a year. If it looks like its in good healt, is responsive, and has water....all should be fine. Check the basal connective tissue of all appendages and under the water dish for mites....other than that they are very hardy at that age. The bi-tri annual molt is the only thing to worry about.