T. Blondi- female?

mstoltzfus

Arachnopeon
Hey all-
I'm pretty new to the AB, but I've been perusing, and enjoying the threads.
Last week I got my second spider, what is presumably a female T. blondi (for 65$, including the tank!), however I do not have any recent molts to check gender on. And I'll confess, that upon looking at both sexes of blondi and apophysis, I'm rather confused on the finer points of which is which and what is what.
Could I get a little help with distinguishing the differences between them (sex and species)? And yes, please feel free to label me a newb because of this perhaps simple question.

Also, I apologize for the lighting- it's a little weird.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry to off on a tangent, but ditch the temp gauge. it's useless.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
as it's not a mature male, it is impossible to identify the gender from those pics. you need a very good ventral shot, focused on the area between the first pair of booklungs (that one closer to the fangs ;))

nice blondi though, and a very good price! just make sure you kjeep her moist enough, room temps are fine for this species.

mitchell123

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Blondi has very clear opening when it's a female....just wait till it leans against a window.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice blondi I love'em. Don't over water them many poeple suggest giving them a swamp which just causes problems. Just make sure it has a large dish of water and keep it clean. substrate should be just moist. enjoy that blondi they are much fun

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to post in your thread. But How big does the exuvia need to be for you to sex the T without microscope, 2 / 3 inches?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All I can tell from that pic is that it isn't a mature male, and it looks like it molted recently, no longer then a couple of weeks to a month or two ago.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
very nice blondi I love'em. Don't over water them many poeple suggest giving them a swamp which just causes problems. Just make sure it has a large dish of water and keep it clean. substrate should be just moist. enjoy that blondi they are much fun
Mine crawls up his walls until you make it almost mudd...then he comes back down and sits...maybe hes a redneck blondi...:?

mstoltzfus

Arachnopeon
thanks

Thanks for the responses-
Tha'ts pretty much what I was expecting- I'll have to wait a while until a molt to tell for sure what sex it is. I've been learning tons on this board.
Thanks!