T.blondi breeding a success!

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Talk about an exciting moment. Watching two 9" Goliaths breed is amazing. He got in quite a few palps before it was all said and done. He was drumming so hard you could hear it outside her big cage. When he approached her, she reared up and they went at it. I think the most exhilerating part was rushing to get a spatula to separate them. She fooled me and decided she was going to have lunch afterwards! Thank goodness but we got him out and he seems to be unharmed. They separated and then went at it like two animals fighting so that's when we got them apart. Will give him about a week to rest and then go for it again. Working on pics because at the moment its in AVI form.

"Quite an adrenalin rush"

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, I can only imagine!!! Did they just start going right at it?? We are trying to breed a pair of C. cyaneopubescens but they just keep drumming each other and not breeding. Great description!! I can just picture the T. blondis wildly going at it. Congrats!!!

-Jill

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He was on one side of cage and she was on the other. He was drumming all over slowly moving around and then he approached her and she reared up for him. It went on for quite a while before she was over it and then the fight was on. But we got them separated.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

GREAT JOB! I hope you get an eggsac! Good Luck! And my best wishes go out to your T.blondi's!

James