T. blondi appreciation thread

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I'll start off heres my 2.5-3" blondi, i want to know about what size do they get there redish color?

Attachments

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What is that white stuff below your Blondi? It looks like soap froth...

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats its water dish, its drinking some nice cold water, that brings up a question. is it necisary to use distilled water for your T's or will tap water work. I've been buying distilled water for allmost a year now, could I just let tap water sit overnight and use that?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
..This thread confuses me; 'nice cold water', yes, there might be such there, but there's definitely something foaming in the background, and Crash- I've never seen a blondi like that before. Granted, I haven't seen a gazillion pics.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah I knOW what your talking about its just the bumpy surface is wet and it shiny with the flash. and yeah that looks a little more like A. seemani. but I also could be wrong, what size is it.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, Crash's "blondi" looks more loke L. striatus.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Venom
Yeah, Crash's "blondi" looks more loke L. striatus.
Thats what i was going to say

crash769

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im not sure exactly what she is. The pet shop said that it was a blondi, but I was not sure cuz she is so dark. she is bout 6in. she is all so very calm and slow. She has only molted once in two years. I got to talk to the guy that owned her befor she was in the shop and he said that she was a blondi. I think he got her from swifts. I have found other pics on the net of a blondi that was just as dark and about the size of a bill. Mine is just a little smaller then that. :? its a mystery to me.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, those orange stripes make them more attractive than big-potato-Blondis anyways :D

crash769

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:D After lookin at some pics of L. striatus I think that just might be what she is.

Last edited:

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T. blondi lunch...

Originally posted by crash769
...I think he got her from swifts.
Hey crash769, they didn't get it from me, those two species are distinctively different, plus I don't ever remember selling WC T. blondi.

...heres one of mine..."Gobble"!

Last edited:

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
crash's T looks a lot like a Eupalaestrus campestratus to me. Here's a pic of a T. blondi sling.

Steve

Attachments

crash769

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got the T about 2 years ago and I don’t know how long the other guy had it, I was just assuming he got it from swifts cuz that’s where he got most of his T's.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice pics everyone!

@Crash- Your T looks like L. striatus to me as well. I have a large female. They are really great spiders.

Here is one of my blondis with a snack...