T.apophysis

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How picky are T.apophysis when it comes to humdity / temp? I've really wanted one, but I don't want to throw down $100 and get a spider that I can't get the humdity right for.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Nick,
I've heard as picky as T blondi...not speaking from personal experience though.
Maybe someone with one can answer better. I want one myself, but feel the same way...to many horror stories of them and the T blondi dying as slings or juves for me to feel comfortable with spending the $$
Holley

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Try to get the temp/humidity just right, they are very picky. If you are a little off, it will live, but get it too wrong, and they may have molting difficulties.

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They are a pricey tarantula!
I just saw one on e-spiderworld for $150. It was a 2" unsexed s'ling.
They really are impressive though, it would be great if you got the environmental considerations correct and it grew into a monster!

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
I wouldnt class that size as a sling, maybe a juvenile. I think those spiders should best be brought by experts who will try to breed them, so in a few years time, we can all enjoy them.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I've got one of these slings, well, it is pretty close to 2", all hairy and black with bright pink feet. Too bad they loose those when they grown. I keep her on the humid side but not swampy and she seem to be doing fine. I keep my T.blonde in the same type conditions, Both have molted and getting ready for larger homes