T.apophysis

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow,
That is a great looking T.
It should be call Pink foot. LOL
Sure is leggy. How big is it now? And how big do they get when full grown?

Ernie

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Wow,
That is a great looking T.
It should be call Pink foot. LOL
Sure is leggy. How big is it now? And how big do they get when full grown?

Ernie

I'm sorry it is a goliath pinkfoot.
that was a type-o
Bryan

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice! That second pic looks like there's about to be a kicking-storm. LOL! :)

Atrax

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Very nice! That second pic looks like there's about to be a kicking-storm. LOL! :)

Atrax

You know it!!!

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, they are truly amazing!!
Are they as 'agressive' as the T. Blondi? I do like the Blondi, and this one, but IMO I'm too unexperienced to keep those spiders...

Ðennis

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Wow, they are truly amazing!!
Are they as 'agressive' as the T. Blondi? I do like the Blondi, and this one, but IMO I'm too unexperienced to keep those spiders...

Ðennis
I have found T. apophysis to be very similar to T. blondi in most respects . IME they are a little more nervous and more prone to defensive behavior. I also find their urticating hairs to be more irritating than those of T. blondi.

John

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I suspect some T. apophysis adult females could be more 'jittery' and prone to scooting around because they're just a bit more 'svelte' and leggier than bulkier, heavier T. blondi females.

Just my strictly un-scientific theory, mind you. ;)

bill

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
I suspect some T. apophysis adult females could be more 'jittery' and prone to scooting around because they're just a bit more 'svelte' and leggier than bulkier, heavier T. blondi females.

Just my strictly un-scientific theory, mind you. ;)

bill
That seems like a reasonable theory to me. It can make them a tad more 'interesting' to deal with though. I recently attempted to mate my mature male with my probably not so mature female. I may post the one photo I was able to get before I had to go running through the house after two of those "svelte" hair- kickers.:)

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow guys. I didn't realize that they get so pretty. Both of them are quite nice specimens of that species. Makes me want to add one to my collection.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by mmmmdonuts
this is my goliath pinkfoot
they look great at this stage.
I agree! There's nothing cuter than one of these little long-legged pink-footed babies, although I have been pleasantly surprised to see how attractive the mature specimens can be, too :)

Joy

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I just got one today. I cant wait for it to get bigger.

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Odd I saw a few of them at a reptile show I was under the impression they looked almost exactly like T. blondis

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, most pictures I've seen make them look like a skinny, leggy T. Blondi.

But I guess lighting makes a lot of unseen colors come out.

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mature male T. apophysis display striking purple iridescence, one of the things that makes them stand out from their blondi cousins. The females do have long reddish-burgundy hairs on their legs, but as they get closer to their next molt and more brownish, those hairs blend in more and the morphologic differences become more important, like thinner, more spiny legs and more elongate or ovoid cephalothorax.

bill