Surprise New scorpion owner HELP! it is a TITYUS CONFLUENS

AlexCraz

Arachnopeon
So my dad whent on a trip and got me the pet I always wanted as a present.. But he had no idea he got me a bad-boy.. But don't worry.. I know a thing or to.. So I won't get stung.. My Friend who is a biologist told me it is a Tityus Confluens.. I need help on how to give it best stay posible.. Its a baby (I think).. Measures a little les than an inch.. Would super appreciate the help! I got him on Sunday.. He ate today.. A little roach like buggy.. So.. It seems like he is happy..

Attachments

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know it is a juvenile, but to me it does not look like Tityus confluens. T. confluens are in the same complex as T. stigmurus and T. serrulatus and should show vivid color for young instars. With that being said, color is definitely not a good indicator. To me it looks like a Bothriurus sp.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I second Bothriurus. It's too clunky looking in my opinion to be a Tityus too.

AlexCraz

Arachnopeon
I know it is a juvenile, but to me it does not look like Tityus confluens. T. confluens are in the same complex as T. stigmurus and T. serrulatus and should show vivid color for young instars. With that being said, color is definitely not a good indicator. To me it looks like a Bothriurus sp.
Well... Can someone tell me how to care for it? I mean.. A name that I could look for.. To get the care sheet or something... Please.. I'll really appreciate it

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most likely from the Bothriurus I have seen, cool and dry habitat. Any idea on where it was found?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yes I agree it is a bothriurus species also and knowing where it came from will greatly help in caring for it. Cool little scorp nonetheless :)