Suntiger Changie

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well my new spider had some mold on her fake leafs( they werent proper plastic leaves they were made of some kind of material crap lol)

anyway...i had to get her out...shes about 2 inch and faster then my eye can pick up lol

so i took off her lid of her jaw, and slowly pulled out her leafs, she was very VERY nervous, so i put the jar inside a pint glass and edged her in the pint glass.....she was ging mad in the pint glass lol webbing like mad i think she perferred the pint glass to her jaw.....

so i changed her leafs, and put the jar back inside the pint glass.....i was there for over 10 minutes trying to get her back in the jar! she wouldnt budge in the end i edged her out of the pint glass onto my bed, where she went mad! legs in the air, dashing about was VERY VERY annoyed when i took her out of her pint glass.....anyway i edged her back into her jar saftely.

she seems happy enough done a little bit of webbing gonna chuck in a cricket tomorrow once she settled down, when i get batteries im gonna get her out and take some pics <gulp>

anyway thats my eventful day lol oh and my best friends mega aggresive 4 foot boa, bit him and then almost escaped her tank,was something out of a horror moive"QUICK CLOSE THE TANK SHES TRYING TO GET OUT!!!!!!!!!" i was almost in tears was that scared lol shes one nasty legless mofo.......

Ps. anyone got any tips on handling Suntigers?

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

handling suntigers is not recomended, do so at your own risk and at the risk of the spider.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
<DISCLAIMER: 2 SENTENCES IN WELSH ARE AHEAD, so i don't get "uhhh, i don't know what that means" replies... Just throwing that out there now. =D ;P)

Noswaith dda, Grael! Sut mae'r Nova erbyn hyn? Cymraes dych chi? (or do you just live there?). Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg?

and as for your question:
"handling suntigers" meaning holding them, or dealing with them?

let me know which version of "handling" you mean. If you mean holding, there's no real tip.. just do it. (I don't like the cup or pin method). If i MUST handle my T's, I usually just let them climb out of the tank onto my hand. Not as stressful as the pin or cup method (in my opinion, though who even knows if the pin and cup methods are stressful, right?). I use the same method with my arboreals.

Mine are beautiful! Especially the new one i picked up from Art. I find that they're not real nervous or defensive, but they can eat like ANYTHING!!!! :) But its all relative, since i know people who have real nice roseas, so... :)

However, i wouldn't reccomend handling a suntiger.. .I'd say the same thing about a Poec -- do it at your own risk (and at risk of the T)
good luck buddy
wela i chi!
dave :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uh, sorry. weapon posted the same thing while I was replying (the whole "handling at your own/the T's risk.)

sorry about that!
peace
dave

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by RugbyDave
uh, sorry. weapon posted the same thing while I was replying (the whole "handling at your own/the T's risk.)

sorry about that!
peace
dave

lol no problem man:)

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well i didnt handle her, i just stuck her in the pint glass until and then got her out on the bed and edged her into her new jar so........i just wondering cause i really wanna get her out, cause she is soooo unebleivable gorgeous and i wanna take pics........

anyway thanks for advice and i cant speak a word of english :p o refused to take it, i went down to art instead
:}

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so you don't speak welsh i take it? damn..

well just coax the T into a deli cup and then snap some pics man. Or coax the T onto your hand and then get her into a deli cup!

be careful though, as i wouldn't reccomend just anyone handling a suntiger ... standard general disclaimer on handling rough ts applies :)

pce
dave

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dave, how many languages do you speak???
you seem to know quite a few.

Risto

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
fluent in about 22, but can get by in probably close to 30 (ish)

i'm a language guy -- photographic memory type thing.. i love languages :) some people are amazing at art -- some people are amazing at math -- i'm down with my memory.... sports, astrophysics, languages, music, medicine(neurology), my buddies, and inverts pretty much sum me up :)

pce
dave

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
30!?! wow thats impressive...my dad is full blooded macedonian...
i think he knows about 5 or 6...not really fluent in all anymore though seeing as he has nobody to talk to except in macedonian.

Risto

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a macedonian friend.. he's cool as hell.. real dry sense of humour :)

and im only fluent in 22, not 30 -- but i can get by in 30 .. no macedonian though..... yet :)

peace
dave