Sunning My Tummy

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have all my Ts at my office (literally I'm in a Kritter Keeper, the room is about 10 x 16') where they are more climate controlled. Not terribly bright lights, so I have a floor lamp - one with the long flex-neck. Today, as the weather is turning, the temp is dropping outside and the wind is picking up. I turned on the floorlamp, and Pamino (E campestratus) is doing her imitation of the cat when it lays on the floor, half rolled over and one leg in the air...

Mine seem to enjoy the time with the lamp on them for a while. (It is several feet away.) If they don't want to be near it, they go on the other side of their cage or in their hides. But at the moment both P irminia (Burning and Bright) are belly up against the walls, as is Sitar the P regalis and Pamina.

Hand me my shades and an adult beverage, please...

Marga

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
My G. pulchra and my A. hentzi both do the same thing. They sit belly out when I turn the heater on.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I meant to post in this thread the other day, but somehow forgot to! Our G. rosea does this as well. She likes to be right under her light and sun on her plants. I would make her a bikini, but fear she might be self-conscious in it! ;) I have an aunt who keeps LOTS of chickens and she has made little aprons for them all, but I figure I would have a lot less luck with a tarantula and a bikini........

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I was thinking of investing in tiny designer sunglasses and cocktail umbrellas...

Marga

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not if you label it NSFW (not safe for work)