Success! The Fast Is Over!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Remember how I have a chalcodes juvie? That hasn't eaten since January? Well, on a whim, I thought on trying beef heart. I fed Sierra last. I put an appropriately sized chunk right in front of her. The next morning, all the beef heart was gone..Plus, she was MUCH more active and alert, and, had a HUGE abdomen!!
WOO-HOO! BEEF HEART RULES!
Peace,
Gillian

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Cool. ITs wierd how they eat beef heart. I mean, how do they inject it and digest it? I dont get how that works! Cool though, glad your juvie is doing ok!:)

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good idea

Cool thats a great idea i did think you could really feed them that stuff ..but learn something new every day ...:rolleyes:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yay!
I'm glad she's eating :)

Congrates.
It's funny what they will eat.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uhh forgive me for my simpleness... but is beef heart a cows heart?

i used to get the ones that were used in science demonstrations at school then feed them to my ferrets :D

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Glad to hear the good news, Gillian!

Originally posted by Spider_savior
Cool. ITs wierd how they eat beef heart. I mean, how do they inject it and digest it? I dont get how that works! Cool though, glad your juvie is doing ok!:)
Margaret, in the case of beef heart or other inert food, tarantulas don't inject venom at all, but merely hold it in their fangs and digest it the usual way (through regurgitation of digestive juices). They're two different processes, though many people (and many books on the market, too) mistakenly regard them as one and believe the venom is actually used to digest the food.

Joy

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Thanks! :) Thanksfor the info, Joy. I was mistaken about how they digest food as well...
Peace,
Gillian