Stupid roaches!

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alrighty then.. I bought more, but fed some off.. Well, I'm just gonna wait then.. Need to get some wee ones, my poor darlingi looks starved after its molt.. Poor baby..
i am right there with you after feeding all of my nymphs i was left with only males and females. She only had about 15 nymphs so i ordered 200 little guys and im just going to feed my Ts crickets until i notice them taking off.....though 200 little guys will feed my smaller Ts GOOD LUCK!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I just placed me a hefty order for some B. lateralis. About 1500. I have 3 beardies and 70 Ts so that should keep them happy. Along with my 40 dubia and 100 hissers im waiting on to establish there minions. ;P My last batch of crickets brought me 1500+ pinheads so i think i will be able to keep each of my colonies well established. Hmm whats the next feeder to breed? Anyone have any advice? I would like to have all different kinds. :cool:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I just placed me a hefty order for some B. lateralis. About 1500. I have 3 beardies and 70 Ts so that should keep them happy. Along with my 40 dubia and 100 hissers im waiting on to establish there minions. ;P My last batch of crickets brought me 1500+ pinheads so i think i will be able to keep each of my colonies well established. Hmm whats the next feeder to breed? Anyone have any advice? I would like to have all different kinds. :cool:
Try the insect forum. This entire thread should be in the insect forum anyway.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Hmmmm, you know I believe I have seen those little brown sacks, just figured it was poop or something. I clean the enclosure out every 2 weeks so I'm sure that is why I am not getting any babies. I keep it about 80 degrees and feed them well. You guys have some you want to share since I am down to about 20 now? Although all of them are adults, maybe if I leave them alone I will get babies in a few weeks?
Oh boy. You pretty much threw away your entire future colony. Stop feeding your remaining roaches. You should have around 1000 roaches by the end of November if you have enough females and everything goes well.

P.S

Stop throwing away the oothecae!

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh boy. You pretty much threw away your entire future colony. Stop feeding your remaining roaches. You should have around 1000 roaches by the end of November if you have enough females and everything goes well.

P.S

Stop throwing away the oothecae!
JC, so I should just leave the ones I have left alone and not feed them and you think they will reproduce? I will just buy crickets in the meantime for my t's. Should I put substrate in the container or does it matter? Yeah, I sure messed up.....but now I am learning. :) Why shouldn't I feed them?

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
JC, so I should just leave the ones I have left alone and not feed them and you think they will reproduce?
Don't feed them off to your spiders until you get over 400 adult roaches or you will run out of roaches.

Should I put substrate in the container or does it matter? Yeah, I sure messed up.....but now I am learning. :)
Here is a carsheet. I recommend have at least 2'' of slightly humid substrate in there for the oothacae.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I don't need thousands, as I only have 11 t's.. So I'm not looking for a huge explosion, but I want it to be pretty much self-sustained, so I wont have to run out and buy new ones all the time.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Don't feed them off to your spiders until you get over 400 adult roaches or you will run out of roaches.

Here is a carsheet. I recommend have at least 2'' of slightly humid substrate in there for the oothacae.
Hits self on the side of the head......:wall:
Thanks. :)