Stupid questions people outside of the hobby ask you...

Sana

Arachnoprince
lol weell.. i do have a MM rosea whos 5-6" with can/bottle openers, erm i mean hooks.. this could be funny.. but.. they are already hated so much i dont wana cause a pannic because the girl seemed genuinely concerned when asking this weird question lol
For heavens sake, do people believe everything they see on a tv screen?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
For heavens sake, do people believe everything they see on a tv screen?
yupp didnt you know, if its been on the silver screen it HAS to be true.. because you cant fake things like 400ft dsl T's and humanoid monkies ruling the world ;P

Sana

Arachnoprince
yupp didnt you know, if its been on the silver screen it HAS to be true.. because you cant fake things like 400ft dsl T's and humanoid monkies ruling the world ;P
People are far more terrifying than T's.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The most common questions:

* Have you ever got bitten?
* Aren't they venomous? (well, actually poisonous but in my language there's no differentiation between the two words - it's the same)
* How can you even sleep in that room?
* Don't you need a permit for keeping dangerous, exotic animals?

That covers pretty much all of those I get usually. On that note: All my neighbors are aware of my tarantulas, they even accepted receiving packages for me with spiders inside while I wasn't home with no problem. I've offered them to show them around whenever they'd like to just in case they have "security" concerns, or are just interested. No problems with any of them. But it'll be interesting for sure if my landlord ever decides to pay me a visit. Somehow I don't think he'd be fine with them, which funnily enough, he can't do anything about. Over here, these animals fall into the same category like a hamster and those you neither have to inform your landlords about, nor are they anywhere prohibited :D So in case that ever happens and he wants to go against them - good luck. :D