stupid question, whats this?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
3,513
in regards to the comment i made about gay mold , i was in no way trying to be offensive to gays, i was actually poking fun at stereo-types such as certian colors being gay colors ect...
 

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
2,596
yea, its only been fed one cricket since it was in there and ate the whole thing(i was watchin most of the time lol). So yea it dosnt appear to be mold once i broke it up.
By breaking it up, and not finding more inside, that further proves it probably is mold.

Unless someone can come up with another logical explanation, that is mold.
I've put spiderlings in a vial, and in one night, seen mold. It happens.

-Sean
 

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
768
can you give up the "gay" comment already, getin old. Anyway ill go check now and report back.
I can't unless you can see why I'm going on about it. You started it, anyhow!

Some of us actually do have sensitivity around this area. 'Gay' in the form you invoke above implies 'Bad', or 'nagative'. I don't think that's appropriate at all. (The colour comment, Drachenjager was pretty funny... but I really think that the bioluminescent fungi would be disppointed to be left out of the gay club).

I was attempting to bring your attention to it by making light of the situation. I could get all uppity and moan about it. But that won't achieve much. As mentioned, what you said was insulting to some and pretty rude. But I was going to leave that for you to figure out. Since you're apparently too ignorant to spot this from the get-go, I've now had to spell it out.

How 'Gay'.

And I still think it's mould. Could be mouldy webbing, though.
 

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,123
By breaking it up, and not finding more inside, that further proves it probably is mold.

Unless someone can come up with another logical explanation, that is mold.
I've put spiderlings in a vial, and in one night, seen mold. It happens.

-Sean
hmm perhaps the mold was on the webbing...cause i pealed off the layer and it just seemed to be webbing, but perhaps not. Ill see if it comes back.
 

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
599
Gay mold

I can't unless you can see why I'm going on about it. You started it, anyhow!

Some of us actually do have sensitivity around this area. 'Gay' in the form you invoke above implies 'Bad', or 'nagative'. I don't think that's appropriate at all. (The colour comment, Drachenjager was pretty funny... but I really think that the bioluminescent fungi would be disppointed to be left out of the gay club).

I was attempting to bring your attention to it by making light of the situation. I could get all uppity and moan about it. But that won't achieve much. As mentioned, what you said was insulting to some and pretty rude. But I was going to leave that for you to figure out. Since you're apparently too ignorant to spot this from the get-go, I've now had to spell it out.

How 'Gay'.

And I still think it's mould. Could be mouldy webbing, though.
It's posts like these that give me hope. Education w/ a hefty dose of respectful humor! I feel positively bioluminescent!
 

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
3,513
It's posts like these that give me hope. Education w/ a hefty dose of respectful humor! I feel positively bioluminescent!
hmmm i am not bioluminescent but thats just me :p
I do however have a great respect for many bioluminescent lifeforms... but I dont know if that was mold or not . I have seen my rosea web the heck out fo the substrate if i sit a glass of water too close to the housing its in lol
of course ive seen it do other odd things before too. Id guess it webbed the top of the substrate and it may have molded too. i dont knwo tho , if it was here i could look at it at 100X and see
 

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
768
It's posts like these that give me hope. Education w/ a hefty dose of respectful humor! I feel positively bioluminescent!
Feeling bioluminescent isn't quite as much fun as being bioluminescent. Unless you want to fall asleep... bioluminescence makes that tricky.

hmmm i am not bioluminescent but thats just me :p
Don't feel too disappointed. You are more fluorescent than you would have thought.
 

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
604
It's just webbed up substrate, I see it all the time. Some of my terrestrials do it so extensively that the whole top layer in the enclosure could be lifted out like a carpet.

Bill
 
Top