Stupid Internet People and Tarantulas

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
Palomino Blonde is an outdated common name for that species - he didn't make it up himself. Obviously, this idiot looks to another idiot for his tarantula information...

That is because they're reptile/snake people who don't know enough about tarantula behaviour to understand that they don't require the same amount of space that snakes do.
I do not support keeping snakes in racks. I understand that breeders might do so for a limited amount of time, but I don't support the practice by hobbyists. Just like I don't support tarantula hobbyists in keeping juveniles and adults in deli cups all their lives. Snakes behave much differently to tarantulas and will take advantage of the room far more so than a tarantula will. This is just another case where someone has applied reptile/snake husbandry to a completely different type of animal and doesn't want to learn anything.
Yeah I give all mine adequate room, everyone can burrow deep if they need to, climb and hide, whatever. Mine come out of deli cups at an inch and go in a decent size containers. Once they hit 4" i make them their own glass cage designed for their needs , except males they stay in sterlite tubs . I know someone though that keeps theirs way to cramped and has had losses due to bad molts because he needs to rehouse them, but again a brick wall. He also keeps all his snakes (almost 50) in the racks like you mentioned. Its like people like him stereotype themselves. I would consider him a borderline hoarder

T fan

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas can drown and need a sponge.......
Are you serious?

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
"hands on"
that's the wrong animal. Best advice here I've heard was get a puppy if you want to play with something.
if someone doesn't feel happy when they look at their Ts or do maintenance then a T is just the wrong animal for them.
Tarantulas can drown and need a sponge.......
Are you serious?
I prefer to hand feed my spiders so they don't eat to fast and choke :troll:

T fan

Arachnopeon
that's the wrong animal. Best advice here I've heard was get a puppy if you want to play with something.
if someone doesn't feel happy when they look at their Ts or do maintenance then a T is just the wrong animal for them.

I help them molt so they don’t get stuck

T fan

Arachnopeon

I flip them over when I see that they are back side up because they might be dying

T fan

Arachnopeon
I speak for chain pet shops all over the world

Right how can I forgot I gave terrestrial and fossorial sp 1/4 inch of substrate because they might get stuck and die also I recommend nature male obt to beginners bacause they are dorsal and tell them they need a 30 gallon tank and a piece of sponge to drink or they might drown in any puddles and they can be handled since they are so ‘chill’ and I sale them for only 500 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Right how can I forgot I gave terrestrial and fossorial sp 1/4 inch of substrate because they might get stuck and die also I recommend nature male obt to beginners bacause they are dorsal and tell them they need a 30 gallon tank and a piece of sponge to drink or they might drown in any puddles and they can be handled since they are so ‘chill’ and I sale them for only 500 bucks
You go too hard my friend.....

I'll take two :bag:

dord

Arachnopeon
Whenever I see an image or video of someone with a live tarantula in their mouth I chuckle on the inside thinking about how they'd feel if it kicked hairs in there :smug:

T fan

Arachnopeon
Whenever I see an image or video of someone with a live tarantula in their mouth I chuckle on the inside thinking about how they'd feel if it kicked hairs in there :smug:
Well that’s the consequence. And imagine doing that with some calmer ow sp like pokies and h Pulchripes then they suddenly do a threat pose what are they going to do. Or even worse, no threat pose but just gave a bite or just bolted down into the throat what are they going to do. I say that because my Brachypelma Hamorii is Satanic and literally bolted on me

arctichen

Arachnopeon
There's a girl on TikTok (yes ik tiktok is trash etc) and she has a tarantula (B. hamorii?) and most of her tt's consist of her handling the T, and in some of them she puts it on her face. Once she even put it IN HER MOUTH. Honestly I despise ppl like that. Yes, maybe the T is CB, but it's thinking is nothing different than a wild tarantula's. That's just really irresponsible for me. Oh, and if anyone wanted to see for yourself, I think her username is @alexxthespider

EDIT: Got some photos, just so you can see for yourself.
Oh, and she's the "TikTok Spider Girl", just because she handles her spider VERY often, puts it on her face and in her mouth, and ppl don't know how stupid that is, and love her because they think it's "cool". Honestly, I hope that one day that T will kick hairs on her face or bite her, just so she knows.

Attachments

Last edited:

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
There's a girl on TikTok (yes ik tiktok is trash etc) and she has a tarantula (B. hamorii?) and most of her tt's consist of her handling the T, and in some of them she puts it on her face. Once she even put it IN HER MOUTH. Honestly I despise ppl like that. Yes, maybe the T is CB, but it's thinking is nothing different than a wild tarantula's. That's just really irresponsible for me. Oh, and if anyone wanted to see for yourself, I think her username is @alexxthespider
Oh noooo... I was just waiting for T’s to pop up in that hub of general idiocy, you wouldn’t do that to your cat so why would anyone do that to a T?

The ‘T in the mouth’ reminds of that Billie Eilish music video, perhaps she was her muse...

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
The ‘T in the mouth’ reminds of that Billie Eilish music video, perhaps she was her muse...
Someone on another forum I'm a member of actually asked what "breeds" were good for doing stunts like that. Apparently a tarantula walking out of someone's mouth is considered a form of art.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Someone on another forum I'm a member of actually asked what "breeds" were good for doing stunts like that. Apparently a tarantula walking out of someone's mouth is considered a form of art.
Idiocy everywhere

Alien_Regalis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't really know what to say. I have never wanted to have a tarantula in my mouth...not for any reason.

arctichen

Arachnopeon

EDIT: Got some photos, just so you can see for yourself.
Oh, and she's the "TikTok Spider Girl", just because she handles her spider VERY often, puts it on her face and in her mouth, and ppl don't know how stupid that is, and love her because they think it's "cool". Honestly, I hope that one day that T will kick hairs on her face or bite her, just so she knows.
You know what? I would dare her to try that with an OW

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I’m just concnered, especialy since it’s a nw and those things have urticating hairs...now imagine if someone tried that with a theraphosa or geniculata and it decided to kick a couple hairs while in their mouth

arctichen

Arachnopeon
I’m just concnered, especialy since it’s a nw and those things have urticating hairs...now imagine if someone tried that with a theraphosa or geniculata and it decided to kick a couple hairs while in their mouth
More like Lasiodora or Theraphosa, but I agree. One of my first thoughts when I saw her account.

Alien_Regalis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have pretty severe reactions to urticating hairs .... I feel like I'm breaking out in hives just from thinking about this. :p