Stubborn or fasting??

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
My P. Imperator I recently bought was the largest one they had, quite the little grump too. When I got him home he did manage to defecate on my shirt when moving him from the container to his newly arranged tank, so I took that as a sign that he had eaten recently. He nows sits underneath a log inside of the tank despite the flower pot I put in there and acts normally just chilling during the day time. At night he runs around, his claws making a constant noise against the glass.

With that info, hopefully he is acting normal... but I am wondering could he be fasting? He rejects crickets, without even giving them a defensive snap. I read up plenty on these scorpions but never anything about fasting, just one personal experience and nothing more. By your experience, do these scorpions fast at will or is it a sort of pre-molt behavior?

I've not managed to find great information on molting so I am no sure of any of that. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

hadrurus 666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how big is it?
It could only be in pre molt if its a sub adult and you said it was the biggest in the shop. Otherwise, what is the temperature? I had the exact same problem with my h.spadix until i elevated the temperature by 10 degrees celcius! Now he cant stop eating! I believe the optimum temp for an emp is 32.5 degrees celcius with 80% humidity.

HaraKiri

Arachnopeon
It's a good 5 inches. Iunno what that would make it, but as for the temperature, it stays at or a little above 80 degrees fahennheit with constant 80% humidity. So perhaps my temperature is night high enough judging by the temperature you keep yours at.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Emps will fast for months at a time -- if he's otherwise active, it's nothing to worry about.

As for molting, with most scorps you can see the new tergites beneath the intersegmental membrane when they're going into a molt. Yours is probably an adult.