Stretch!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Immature male Thrixopelma ockerti, 5 or 6 days post-molt, using the sides of the enclosure to get that extra stretch in...
20230421_001237.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
20230423_202447.jpg
0.1 Aphonopelma peloncillo, doing the stretch. I've been having a lot of Aphonopelma spp molting for me recently and I'm not complaining lol.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
20230428_143853.jpg
Believe it or not, but there's no molt in this A. variegata's web tube AND this isn't the craziest position I've seen out of it since molting a little over a week ago.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I saw something odd from my 2.5" genic last night. He was stretching Pokie-style on the substrate, but he is heavily in premolt...trying to just stretch the old exoskeleton, lol?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I saw something odd from my 2.5" genic last night. He was stretching Pokie-style on the substrate, but he is heavily in premolt...trying to just stretch the old exoskeleton, lol?
Yeah, premolt stretching happens, too. Actually a good indicator that a molt will happen soon when they start doing that.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Yeah, premolt stretching happens, too. Actually a good indicator that a molt will happen soon when they start doing that.
This is great news. I've been waiting for this one for over a month. My T's have all been molting within a few weeks of each other, but this one is almost 2 months behind the others, even the GBB that's around his same size. Pretty sure this molt will confirm he's a he.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
So making a black and white striped, long sleeve T-shirt that says, "Genic Fan Club" in fancy cursive. It will now also say, "All Hail," on the back, lol.
You shall know them by their chuckles (your fellow spider folk, that is).