stressed t

rattler420

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this morning i found my E. murinus sitting outside its hide. this is the first time that ive had it (only since saturday 6/16) that ive seen it out during daylight hours. only thing ive done different is dropped in a cricket last night while the T was out roaming around. do you think maybe the cricket is in its hide & is stressing the T so it wont go in?

on the other hand, there is somewhat of a bed (thin/light webbing) of webbing the T is sitting on that wasnt there before i went to bed either. but its still right side up. this is my first T, so ive never witnessed a molt.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Could still be getting ready to molt even without turning over. I just watched my GBB molt from hanging onto the side of it's container and slide out onto the molting mat...it was very strange. Sometimes you just never know. In my experience most T's will kill a cricket and leave it before they let it chase them out of their own hides. My B. albopilosum actually kicked crickets out of her hide against the acrylic side wall a few times. Of course...she ran out and ate them 3 minutes later...but still.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think i read somewhere that you just acquired this T. While mine is now pretty consistantly in its very elaboratly decorated hide (decorated by T - not me...) i have on occasion seen it still out in the morning. Mine didn't take long to web it's entire enclosure - it comes out to decorate its whole enclosure every night. Maybe it just needs more time to adjust or it wasn't quite finished with its decorating from the previous evening, or maybe the webbing you see is from a feeding mat?? Mine does eat in its hide since it got settled in. However, when i first got him, he would make a little web mat while eating...

Sorry i couldn't be more help. i did not know much about this species before acquiring mine and had to do some reading to research its needs ahead of time. i have no idea if the behaviors of mine are typical for this species - its just what i see with mine. Awesome T by the way!!