Strange!!!

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
Do mealworms molt out into big armered black tank beetles? Just noticed something in my rose hairs tank and fished out a huge beetle :s My rose hair bin on a fast now for about 30 weeks. Confused.com!!!!

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a "lost" (fell behind bookcase) container of superworms before and I when I found it a few weeks later i opened it. And there were still some live worms but there was also some type of moth-like creature tried flying out.

Any ideas on that?

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a "lost" (fell behind bookcase) container of superworms before and I when I found it a few weeks later i opened it. And there were still some live worms but there was also some type of moth-like creature tried flying out.

Any ideas on that?
May be a possibilty of a Meal Moth, the larvae resemble mealworms. They could of hitchhicked in the packing material used to store the superworms in.

Could possibly been a common house moth that got attracted to the grain substrate. Many possibilities really.

http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/eb1396/eb1396.html

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found out the hard way that pheonix worms turn into big, black wasplike flies. There were 13 of them loose in my lizard's cage and a few flitting about my bedroom. Guess he wasn't a fan of the worms.

Since I've seen the flies living around our garden anyway, I let them go as they were found. Last time I bought any of those worms.

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
I found out the hard way that pheonix worms turn into big, black wasplike flies. There were 13 of them loose in my lizard's cage and a few flitting about my bedroom. Guess he wasn't a fan of the worms.

Since I've seen the flies living around our garden anyway, I let them go as they were found. Last time I bought any of those worms.
yea, phoenix worms are just black soldier fly larvae. I hear beardies love em.