Stirmi/Platyomma

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Here are some updated photos of my male and female Theraphosa stirmi.

The female has finally darkened up so I expect her to actually molt within the next two weeks hopefully.

the male recently molted within the last 2 weeks so he's back to eating I have to buy more roaches because now he's just eating crickets which clearly are not big enough unless I fed him like 80.

I'm currently shopping around now for some more Ts I'll probably end up getting another female of this species....still undecided.

Also can someone please sex my juvenile P.Platyomma here are some booty shots

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Ok my female Theraphosa stirmi molted yesterday so I have a few questions in the way of breeding.

How many more molts do I need from both the male and female before I think about breeding?

I currently have them both in their own enclosures which look like the one below... Should I buy an actual tank for breeding purposes and put the female in first a week or two before the breeding?

Anything else to add would be great thanks!!!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The very moment that your 1.0 will achieve the so called "boxing gloves" in pedipals (you can't go wrong) then he's ready.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
As long as the female keeps up with him molt wise, she'll be ready around the same right?

Ran

Arachnoknight
Looks like you might have a year or two before your female matures...the male will probably mature before she does. This species takes patience, they are long lived and have a very long molting process.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Looks like you might have a year or two before your female matures...the male will probably mature before she does. This species takes patience, they are long lived and have a very long molting process.
I remember reading of a guy with a nine inch female that didnt produce. He waited til it molted again. Judging by the exuvia in the OPs photo it needs a (few) years to be breeding size

Ran

Arachnoknight
LOL REEFSPIDER! I have successfully bred this species and the female was close to 10" when she successfully mated. I have a larger female that literally pushed the same male (which was a solid 9" but much lighter in weight) right out of her tank! Breeding is a hit and miss with T's in general.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Either male or female you can't go wrong with Pamphos, you either get a giant female or a vibrant purple colored male.

Thats right!!

I forgot all about the purple!!!

Thanks for the reminder!!!