still not eating!

Jono_mad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i know u guys say this is normal but my rosea still hasn't eaten once in the month i've had her. i have yet to see a T eat for the first time. is she just doing this to worry me? she doesn't look unfed though. it's really annoying cuz when i put a cricket in her tank and it touches her she tries to get away while i'm saying kill! KILL! so anyway, all the cruckets have died now and i've got mealworms. how long will they last if she doesn't eat them?
thanks,
Jono

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My first T was also a Rosie and it was about two months or so before she would eat anything. Now she is a very good eater.... Just keep her warm.... freshwater... and be patient...

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
infamous G. rosea fasting

Your G. rosea has probably had it's fill and may be coming up on a molt.
I've had G. roseas go a few months without being fed, so unless the t is terribly skinny with a wrinkly raisiny abdomen, it should be fine for quite a while. Maybe try checking every few days if she might be hungry, like once or twice a week.
And like Arachnophile mentioned, keep her water dish full!
Aren't these rosies delectably quirky?

Paul

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I really wouldn't worry about it. We have (my wife does anyway) 10 G. rosea here and only about half of them will eat at any one time.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
When I first got my rosie, she was an adult, with a leaky rear leg. She didn't eat for 3 months..After her molt, one day, she started eating, and hasn't stopped. My G. pulchra, recently, stopped eating after I transferred her to her new enclosure. That went on for over a month, and she's a juvie. She just molted today, so I'm counting on her eating again.

Peace,
Gillian

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
I've had them go as long as six months without eating (and no harmful effects). Delectably quirky, that's the best description I've heard so far!

Joy