Still in shock!!

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well here it is early saturday morning and I think it has finally set in. I get up monday morning...do my usual stuff...check on my T's to see if anyone has molted...check out my snake then start misting the green eye geckos and tokays. Well I get to the tokay tanks and the two lil cute eggs that were stuck to the top of the one tank are gone except for a piece of each egg still stuck to the glass. I look frantically all through the tank. I think to myself...you scavengers!!! So the first attempt was a bust....so here's hoping to better things in the future with these guys. :wall:

x-topher

Arachnopeon
That sucks! Baby Tokays are pretty cool. Too bad they grown up to be little devils.{D

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sorry to hear this. :( It seems to be the "norm" in these situations, though. I know someone with some huge Tokays and they produce eggs all the time...... but they munch on the new hatchlings ALL the time, too. Very sad.

I've been thinking that once I get little Habibi set up with some females, I'll have to think of something to keep the hatchlings protected until I can move them. I'm considering a large deli cup taped over the eggs, either tall quart size or the flatter, bowl shape one... lots of vent holes... and still large enough for them to move around until I can move them out.

Maybe you could try this the next time you discover any eggos? Even a fish breeder net attached over them somehow.. I dunno. :rolleyes:

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sorry to hear this. :( It seems to be the "norm" in these situations, though. I know someone with some huge Tokays and they produce eggs all the time...... but they munch on the new hatchlings ALL the time, too. Very sad.

I've been thinking that once I get little Habibi set up with some females, I'll have to think of something to keep the hatchlings protected until I can move them. I'm considering a large deli cup taped over the eggs, either tall quart size or the flatter, bowl shape one... lots of vent holes... and still large enough for them to move around until I can move them out.

Maybe you could try this the next time you discover any eggos? Even a fish breeder net attached over them somehow.. I dunno. :rolleyes:
Ya I was not too impressed by this finding at all. I did have a deli cup taped over the eggs and they were able to rip it open and get to the eggs. I'm hoping next time with all the cork bark I have in there with them they decide to do what the green eyes did and put there eggs on the bark. That way I can remove it and put them in a critter keeper.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I guess I better ditch the deli cup idea and buy some more big cork pieces. Geeez... they just ripped through the plastic cup and ate 'em?? :eek:

If I ever have eggs, I am in for some seriously sleepless nights... waiting patiently for the little buggers to pop out and snatch 'em up right away :D