Stichoplastoris sp. "Chiapas" - Mexican Stripe Knee

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Hey all,

I was just at my LPS and they had a Stichoplastoris srchiapas sling. I'm tempted to purchase it! That's really all I had to say..

Edit* Stichoplastoris sp Chiapas

Last edited:

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Hey all,

I was just at my LPS and they had a Stichoplastoris srchiapas sling. I'm tempted to purchase it! That's really all I had to say..
Interesting, these guys are already hitting the LPS's? If it's not a reputable store, I'd be a little wary as to whether or not it's a true Stichoplastoris sp. "Chiapas".

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Interesting, these guys are already hitting the LPS's? If it's not a reputable store, I'd be a little wary as to whether or not it's a true Stichoplastoris sp. "Chiapas".
It is a reptile store. I'm fairly confident it's the real deal, the sling looks just like the OP's pic. I know there's always that possibility that it's a phony but I trust the shop I've bought T's from them for a few years.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is a reptile store. I'm fairly confident it's the real deal, the sling looks just like the OP's pic. I know there's always that possibility that it's a phony but I trust the shop I've bought T's from them for a few years.
What's the name of the retail store? And if I was you I would ask who they purchased from before you decide to purchase it. There are over a 100 slings at that size that look like that species lol.

Last edited:

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
What's the name of the retail store? And if I was you I would ask who they purchased from before you decide to purchase it. There are over a 100 slings at that size that look like that species lol.
Reptile mogul in Tempe, AZ. They used to be reptiles and reefs. I speak highly of them and would believe that they know what they're carrying. If there was any trickery I would suspect that it was on the sellers part to be honest.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I would definitely ask who they got it from but what else can you do, ya'know? I wish there was a tarantula certificate of authenticity!

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would definitely ask who they got it from but what else can you do, ya'know? I wish there was a tarantula certificate of authenticity!
Well you're the one that wants to buy a sling that is yet needs to be properly identify and that has never been in the hobby until just a few months ago. Is a species that your regular Joe Blow couldn't just acquire the sling.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Well you're the one that wants to buy a sling that is yet needs to be properly identify and that has never been in the hobby until just a few months ago. Is a species that your regular Joe Blow couldn't just acquire the sling.
Do you know how many slings were imported?

Just be careful. What is the price they have on the slings?

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Do you know how many slings were imported?

Just be careful. What is the price they have on the slings?
A hefty 100 USD. I don't see myself actually buying it. I think my excitement about a new species got the better of me. If I were to get another T right now I wouldn't go for another NW terrestrial

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
image.jpg image.jpg Hello All,
I imported around 35-40 Stichoplastoris sp Chiapas last year.
Each one of the slings I sold comes with a serial number that reads somewhat like this

Mepr01-234/0
The letter identifies the Genus
Follow by the number of the egg sac
Then the number of the spider in the egg sac 01, 234, etc

Then the last number determines the sex
0 = unsexed
1 = male
2 = female

I hope this helps.

1st pic B smithi
2nd pic B hamorii

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
View attachment 243180 View attachment 243180 Hello All,
I imported around 35-40 Stichoplastoris sp Chiapas last year.
Each one of the slings I sold comes with a serial number that reads somewhat like this

Mepr01-234/0
The letter identifies the Genus
Follow by the number of the egg sac
Then the number of the spider in the egg sac 01, 234, etc

Then the last number determines the sex
0 = unsexed
1 = male
2 = female

I hope this helps.

1st pic B smithi
2nd pic B hamorii
Hey Francisco, good to see you on the boards finally. Hopefully is for good this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@moderator

Could I list the other Mexican species I am currently working with, similar to the Stichoplastoris sp.?

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
@moderator

Could I list the other Mexican species I am currently working with, similar to the Stichoplastoris sp.?
As long as it isn't a stock list or there isn't any mention of them being for sale, then yes. Stock lists and any available tarantulas for sale must be posted in the classifieds forum after meeting all of the criteria for doing so. See the "Help" page at the bottom for more details. If you need more assistance, please PM me or post in the Troubleshooting forum.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DSC_1006.JPG DSC_0987.JPG DSC_1001.JPG
Stichoplastoris sp. "Chiapas" - Mexican Stripe Knee

Mexico Import 2016
Arachnida
DGVS-PIMVS-CR-IN-
0976-DF/08
Mepr01-255/0

Finally getting some size.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Let me take you guys back to 2011, when we found this species. Keep these the same as B. vagans.... as that is what we were looking for when we found them :)

enjoy!
Eddy

IMG_1433.jpg IMG_1436.jpg IMG_1437.jpg IMG_1442.jpg IMG_1446.jpg IMG_1522.jpg IMG_1526.jpg IMG_1527.jpg IMG_1578.jpg