Steatoda triangulosa Explosion

cogmonkey17

Arachnopeon
you all have probably had enough of my rants about true spiders i find in my house....but i took more pictures. The stairs were littered with dog hair, so i decided to vacuum them up, till i found some goodies. I found 2 S. triangulosa at the steps, both had 1 egg sack each (they are just getting started), i got a chance to look through their webs this time though, in them i found countless ants (all individually webbed up), occasional medium sized escapee cricket or roach and of course other tiny spiders. But i also found their exuviums from past molts, 5-7 in each web, all ranging from super tiny slingly molts, all the way up to sizes about 3/4s of what the current spider is, so apparently they were happy with their realm (they were both on the corner of the steps next to the back-door). I was interested, so i went to all the old webs from previous seasons to look for exuviums, pretty happy with what i found. After cleaning up, i went to the basement, that were the party already started. Apparently some sacks already hatched, i counted 43 younguns in all. Then I started finding mature, gravid females, if i found one with an egg-sack they were enclosed, i left immatures alone. I even got to see a mating, that was neat, males look like babies.

as you can see, 7 egg-sacks in all (the darker one is about to pop). 4 of the egg-sacks belong to one mom, i kept the moms all with the eggs. Something else i thought was weird, the mom that laid the 4 sacks was killed by another, and no one else bothered each other, i think they sensed that the other female was spent and used her for food.

female that was killed, the venom changed her color a bit.

gettin ready to hatch

i dont know what these guys are, but they aren't S. trianglulosa

the eggsacks are just too different

and no, they aren't dead, they are just scared.

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Post more pics of that other spider, 'cause I think I have a guess on it.

I love true spiders, no matter how common they are... they aren't interesting as long as you don't notice them, but as soon as you do, they're just as fascinating as a lot of the big ones people sell on here (if not more).

Look up Euryopis limbata for the unidentified one, and see how the pics check out. Just a guess...

cogmonkey17

Arachnopeon
Post more pics of that other spider, 'cause I think I have a guess on it.

I love true spiders, no matter how common they are... they aren't interesting as long as you don't notice them, but as soon as you do, they're just as fascinating as a lot of the big ones people sell on here (if not more).

Look up Euryopis limbata for the unidentified one, and see how the pics check out. Just a guess...
I did some some surfin, closes thing to what i can describe the spider as, is Achaearanea tepidariorum. It makes sense, the description i read said that extremely black specimens have white patterns. Ill settle on that until tomorrow.