Steatoda parthogenic??

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not saying it isn’t possible but what makes you think she hasn’t mated with a male? You said she hasn’t molted in your care, why do you think she didn’t mate prior?

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not saying it isn’t possible but what makes you think she hasn’t mated with a male? You said she hasn’t molted in your care, why do you think she didn’t mate prior?
I say that because shes much smaller than the other females I've found around my house, I was actually shocked she laid such a large clutch the first time.

And like I said, this parthogenic stuff wasn't even my idea to begin with. I was surfing necro threads and someone like 10 years ago said that Steatoda are parthogenetic (whichever lol idk which spelling is correct) and it made sense to me

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Alright, I have 30 second instar S. Triangulosa slings separated out. I'll raise them up and see what happens.
View attachment 475146
That's so cool thank you so much! I look forward to seeing if they do make baby's. Will you do updates on here how they are getting on please I am very curious to see if there is any truth to this and how the test group get on as they are growing .... they need a cool test group name now, anyone got suggestions 😆

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It's hilarious how we all use the exact same fake leafs lmao
Yeah, every pet store, grocery store, wal mart, etc always have the same 2 or 3 style of fake plants. They usually market them for betta tanks. But they work great and are easily divided.
20220421_120831.jpg 20220421_120842.jpg 20220802_194254.jpg

Last edited: