Stand and Deliver- Tarantula Pet Names!!!

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We ( my sis & I ) came up with a name for my Avic.versi "Kurt Wagner" AKA "Nightcrawler"

Sarah Wells

Arachnopeon
MM new river: Mr T
E.murinus: Ursuala
G.rosea: Rosie
B.vagans:Rufus
AF New river: Toshiko
GBB: Skittles
B.smithi: Marvin
C.marshali: Gandalf
Avic "cayeene" metalica: T in boots
P.irminia: Shelob
LP: Luna
x5 S.javanensis : Stewie,Meg,Chris,Lois,Peter
G.pulchripes: Mayan
H.lividum: Charlotte

LonelyZoner

Arachnopeon
L. parahybana - Squishy (girlfriend named it after the jellyfish in Finding Nemo)
B. auratum - Raphael
A. minatrix - Michelangelo
A. purpurea - Donatello

Still looking for the perfect blue T to complete the dream team
Haha, that's so awesome!

G. Rosea, Chilean Rose Hair: Judis

I'm looking for more tarantulas (I feel I'm ready =D) but the pet store doesn't have any, and that's the only pet store for hours... (I like buying them from pet shops because it feels like I'm rescuing them. I crazy, I know.)

Arachnoholic

Arachnopeon
Grammastola rosea - Queen - 4"
Grammostola rosea - Shieba - 4"
Avicularia metallica - Darla 2.5"
Avicularia avicularia - Ginger 3.5"
Pamphobeteus antinous - Nikita 8.5"
Brachypelma boehmei - Katana 1.5"
Paraphysa scrofa - Lynessa - 1.5"
Brachypelma smithi - Tina - 4"
Cycolosternum fasciata - Raja 2.5"
Pteronochilus murinus - Mr. Bitey 2.5"
Poecilotheria metallica - Indigo 2"
Poecilotheria miranda - Scooter .5"

argolupin

Arachnopeon
Patch - MM B. vagans (my friend named him)
Verna - 5.25" female G. rosea
Rahl -~2" baby G. rosea

DeRez

Arachnopeon
"Leeloo" G. rosea
"Corbin Dallas" G. rosea
"Brain" A. avicularia (Pinky and the Brain, he's a pink toe - dumb joke)
"Chasey" B. smithi (Chasey Lane, red knees - get it?)
"Zeus" P. irminia
"Xerxes" P. irminia
"Peeves" H. lividum
"Sinthe" C. cyanopubescens (Short for Absinthe)
"Thailog" L. parahybana
"Noodle" O. aureotibialis

Last edited:

Keseo

Arachnopeon
So im not very creative with names so all mine earned theres thru funny circumstances. Thats why only a few have names.

OBT - Jessica (my ex)
LP MM - Doug (named after my pops due to large bald spot, he didnt see the same humor I did)
LP - Psycho (actually attacks my fingers if i put them in in enclosure)
G. Rosea - Phat Tony (because hes fat)
A. Eutylenum - Wilbur (eats like a pig)

Columbian black and white Tegu - Taco (I know hes not a T but well I was eating some mini tacos one night and he jumped from my recliner to my end table and stole one.)

CicadaV

Arachnopeon
my a. avic is named mora azul. peruvian words for blue berry :)

shes so pretty! hopefully shes a girl anyway. she ate 4 crickets and a moth today and i've only had her 2 days!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chromatopelmas "Rainbow" & "Antioco"

P.regalis "Marathon" & "Hurricane"

L.violaceopes "Nightshade"

P.reduncus "Ms.Brown"

P.irminias "Nike," "Bumblebee," "Bess," "Spindly," "Legs," "Corky," "Tigress" and "Abby" Those are just the ones out of the 21 with names.

I have other species also without names until I can think of more.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
1. Mature female G pulchra 6.5" to 7"- Scottie- was Scotty when at first thought- and rather embarrassingly for a long period of time, i might add- to be a male! Named after Scottish Terrier for her proportionately large fangs and overall sleek black look- and also for her attitude the past year-and-a-half! She went from being a t that would crawl out of the enclosure into the hand nearly every time it was opened to a maniacal beast that will try to rip your hand off if you look at her wrong!! Most of that I attribute to misplaced prey aggression. She'll eat anything including the kitchen sink- Lol! Raised from a .75 sling bought from Tarantulas.com in early November 2009.

2. Dozer- 4"+ juvy/subad prob female G pulchra- The name says it all, although thankfully she/it has cut back on the earthworks and filling of water dish somewhat in the past few months. Another good eater and still tries to crawl in the hand frequently. The most handle-friendly t I've owned thus far. Acquired in early (maybe March- records not handy as I can't multi-task) 2010 as a .25"-.5" sling from Joel Miller of Spiderworks.

3. Little-Big-Butt- 3" juvy prob f G pulchra and sac-mate of Dozer. She the proud owner of a GARGANTUAN opisthosoma and tiny prosoma. She just sits there and does absolutely nothing, hardly ever molts and is a dainty eater. She will only accept pre-killed crickets and she'd probably be happier if you ate 'em for her, too. She occasionally tries to crawl into the hand but usually just sits there like lump of black coal. She's my wonderful little fatty!!

Cheers,

Terry

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
My G. Pulchripes is still unsexed, so I've got options. Persephone, or Anansi.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
1. Mature female G pulchra 6.5" to 7"- Scottie- was Scotty when at first thought- and rather embarrassingly for a long period of time, i might add- to be a male! Named after Scottish Terrier for her proportionately large fangs and overall sleek black look- and also for her attitude the past year-and-a-half! She went from being a t that would crawl out of the enclosure into the hand nearly every time it was opened to a maniacal beast that will try to rip your hand off if you look at her wrong!! Most of that I attribute to misplaced prey aggression. She'll eat anything including the kitchen sink- Lol! Raised from a .75 sling bought from Tarantulas.com in early November 2009.

2. Dozer- 4"+ juvy/subad prob female G pulchra- The name says it all, although thankfully she/it has cut back on the earthworks and filling of water dish somewhat in the past few months. Another good eater and still tries to crawl in the hand frequently. The most handle-friendly t I've owned thus far. Acquired in early (maybe March- records not handy as I can't multi-task) 2010 as a .25"-.5" sling from Joel Miller of Spiderworks.

3. Little-Big-Butt- 3" juvy prob f G pulchra and sac-mate of Dozer. She the proud owner of a GARGANTUAN opisthosoma and tiny prosoma. She just sits there and does absolutely nothing, hardly ever molts and is a dainty eater. She will only accept pre-killed crickets and she'd probably be happier if you ate 'em for her, too. She occasionally tries to crawl into the hand but usually just sits there like lump of black coal. She's my wonderful little fatty!!

Cheers,

Terry
"and she'd probably be happier if you ate'em for her,too" - lol! That one made my day...awesome!

Sesame Sam

Arachnosquire
Few of mine have names. But my first was a B.smithi called Simon, and I had a mature male OBT that I named Alfred the great but he popped his clogs last year. The one that I keep from his brood I'll name Alfred the second when I decide which one to keep.

SchmitisGal

Arachnopeon
My Aphonopelma Schmiti was named "Schmidti". Before you think I am really unoriginal, the reason was becauseone of my best friends whose last name is Schmidti, found him for me in Sedona, AZ and then when I realized he was an A. Schmiti, it just felt like destiny to name him such. Now Im on the hunt for a younger, possibly female A.Schmiti. But my male was the bomb! Very docile and never got "a$$ed up" (You all know what I'm talking about with the thing T's do) at anything... He was COOL!

AngryMothNoises

Arachnosquire
I only have one, but I am getting two new slings!

my rose hair's name is Dex Machina. We call her Dex for short.

UralOwl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G.rosea - Cuddles
G.pulchra - Ziggy Stardust
B.vagans - Teddy
B.smithi - Pumpkin
B.albopilosum - Aragog
B.boehmei - Ember
Aphonopelma sp. "New River" - Skittles
A.versicolor - Miss Snugglebottom

I admit, I mainly like to give my tarantulas cute names to further the belief of my friends & family that I'm insane. :)

vickywild

Arachnoknight
H.lividum-Cuddles
P.miranda-Hum bug
T.blondi-Boo
B.smithi-Hooker
G.rosea juv-Ben
G.rosea sling-Dr Pepper
P.irmania-Peewee
P.ornata-Stifler
L.parahybana-Mr Mime
C.fimbriatus-Un named as of yet
C.perezmilesi- Bella

Danie

Arachnopeon
Here is a list of my Tarantulas:
Luke - Golden Knee Chaco (as in Lucky Luke)
Sushi - Pink salmon Bird Eater
Temper - Mexican Fireleg (well the reason for the name is obvious)
Calisto - Red and White
Sylvester - Giant White knee