Squeeee!

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I paired up several of my female Holothele sp. Colombia (Bumblebee) with a freshly molted male. After a couple of weeks all 3 have started to increase in size and the first one I paired off webbed herself up and hid her burrow. I decided to remove the leaves she used to block the webbing after a couple weeks of not seeing her around and discovered a Chanukah present. It's round and white and full of eggs. Oh yah, and I discovered Tarantulas are Jewish. Who knew?

Combine this with 4 freshly hatched Heterothele villosella eggsacs (with 2 on the way), a couple Holothele incei sacs laid in the last week, and a possibly gravid Pamphobeteus sp. Chicken Spider and I'm sure you can understand my seasonal excitement.

Anyway, sadly no pics, but I will take a whole bunch when the sac hatches. :D

But for those of you not familiar with Holothele sp. Colombia (Bumblebee) here are a few old pics of a few juveniles. The camera tends to wash out the colours though.

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
Does anyone know where these can be purchased in the USA? I haven't been able to find any from Google. Or here.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone know where these can be purchased in the USA? I haven't been able to find any from Google. Or here.

These are rarely available even in Europe. Only a few people actually have them, most in Germany. Myself and another supplier imported a few to Canada. He did not have success the first time he received them and this is my first attempt and his second. Thankfully so far it's gone quite well on my end and a selection are heading to him when they hatch. With both of us working on breeding them there should be a trickle effect such as what happened with me (and the other supplier) having hundreds of Heterothele gabonensis produced and spread across Canada. Within months H.gabonensis were exported to the US. So it is only a matter of time before the Holothele sp. Colombia are available in low numbers within the States.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow! Hey you are now my Holothele expert! The bumblebee is nice! I wish you could send some to the Philippines.... then I'd be going squeee myself! haha

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I'm sure TarCan has a lot more info on the Holothele genus than I do. He's kept many more species and seen/collected several of them in their natural habitat. I just enjoy exploring social situations with certain species.

I tend to have great success with them when I keep them in social conditions and breed them like mad (like the Holothele incei "gold" I just paired up). So I'll keep supplying my input when others decide to try large social tanks.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've had one successful eggsac (23 spiderlings) and have had many other females molt before producing an eggsac after I paired them. One other eggsac was produced right before I moved last month, but was consumed by the female during transit. Thankfully I have another MM that just molted and he is starting his rounds on the 10+ females that are ready to go. He'll have a lot of work.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow!! I had somehow missed this thread when it was first posted. Those are some nice looking Holothele. Very cool!!

smoothie4l

Arachnopeon
*w* oh so lovely, can i have one of the babys? :D the mother and father look amazing!!

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
those are the cutest, now i know why your title was Squeeeeee!