spring fever?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The rosehair that we acquired from the neighbor is being weird.
If you recall, when it came here it only had a dusting of substrate and no water in its dish; I built the substrate up so that it was close to the top of the container, gave it a half a coconut shell to hide in, and gave it water.
Well, all has been fine, it has been eating great...not exhibited any of those typical rosehair behaviors..until now.
Now, it has taken to hanging on the roof of the critterkeeper..upside down, continuously. As in, for the past four days.
The people who had it before took it out all the time, held it while watching tv, etc. I have not taken it out or held it. I highly doubt that a t has that kind of social adaptability to "miss" coming out..but I wonder if it just "knows" that there is a world on the outside of that keeper and wants to escape.
Considering that the substrate is dry, water is available, and it isnt freezing, cooking, or hungry, should I just not worry about it?

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just being a typical rosie if you ask me...they do all sorts of funky stuff...i put some corkbark in my rosie's tank and she just sits on it instead of going in it...

Risto

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds like normal behavior to me. Mine use to do that all of the time. The only problem I had with mine, is one day I came home to her hanging from the screen lid by one leg. When I went to remove the lid and get her down, she let go or something and fell breaking a leg.
The leg was repairable and she went through her next molt just fine. She never climbed after that. But mine has always done strange things.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I'd try giving her a little more "headroom. " If the substrate is too close to her "ceiling" maybe she is getting paranoid. (?):?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
she has headroom,

I may not have been clear when I posted...she has enough room to stretch up along the sides, and ALMOST touch the roof...I just didnt want her to "splat" if she fell.
I also wanted to give her substrate to burrow, if she felt so inclined.
Brat. Mustve been talking to the other T's, and decided it was her turn to confuse me .

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Maybe it decided it doesn't like its substrate all of a sudden.
Thats why I like rosea's, they keep us guessing. :? :?

Ernie

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ungrateful T!

It is much better off now than when it only had barely enough to cover the bottom of the critterkeeper.
It is SOOOOO much better than being on astro-turf or GRAVEL.
Should I try changing it? what should I use?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't change a thing. If it doesn't like it, it'll web it up.
Mine has wall to wall webbing. lol

MrT

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i think you should follow your instinct as long as it doesn't do the T any harm. make a few changes if you want, see how the T reacts.

anyone can guess how it might react, but you have to try something to actually see how it reacts. ;)