Spiders are bugs or animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Is that mean they are insect as well?
NO

This is a very, very straightforward question and you are over-complicating it.

All insects are animals. All "bugs" are animals. All arachnids are animals. All tarantulas are animals. All dogs are animals. All cats are animals. All humans are animals. All fish are animals. All ladybugs are animals. All birds are animals. All of these are in the kingdom Animalia, and thus are ALL ANIMALS.

And to clear it up further, both insects and arachnids are in the phylum Arthropoda, making them all arthropods. However, arachnids and insects split off into different subphylums, insects in Hexapoda and arachnids in Chelicerata. It should be noted that not all species in Hexapoda are insects and not all species in Chelicerata are arachnids.

All of this can be easily found using Google.

Last edited:

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
So you say arachnids fall under bug category right?hmmm
If we define bug as Insect then the answer is no.

Animalia-->arthopoda-->chelicerata-->arachnida
Animalia-->arthopoda-->hexapoda-->insecta

You have replied quickly enough that I am relatively certain you did not read any of the Wikipedia articles I linked, which you should do now, as well as this one: Taxonomy.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
well, your questions been answered like 5 times over now. spiders are arachnids, bugs are insects.
im really starting to think youre just a troll.
Alot of people "think" they are bugs so I want clarification that's all...

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I call them "pets".
I feed, water, remove the trash/old clothes, poo and provide each one a "home". :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Alot of people "think" they are bugs so I want clarification that's all...
if you want to prove to some one that a spider is not a bug. tell them to google it, or send them a link. no need ti even make a thread on this.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Then clearly comprehension is the problem here. You've been provided with all the resources to come to an educated conclusion on this matter.
I guess...some will think spider is bug and some will think it's animal...everyone believe different thing just like 2 religions

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I guess...some will think spider is bug and some will think it's animal...everyone believe different thing just like 2 religions
ive yet to meet some one who refuses to believe a spider is a arachnid after googling it.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Yeah well I shouldn't bring this more far as I see it started to irritate everyone already...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Wow, this was quite the read :rofl:

Guys, this is clearly a troll. Quit feeding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.