spiderling shed skin - EXTREME close-up :)

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
a magnifying glass?

that is how i take pics of little things, digicam thru a magnifying glass. it's easier to get crap pictures, but honestly you can't beat the price :)

nice to see you, btw :)

I do that also and sometimes I use a 30x jewlers loop, then the magnifying glass then the digicam. Using the 2 likely ½ of what I take get blurred due to my hands deciding to shake at the wrong time but I just keep trying until I get the desired result.

Imegnixs_Cinder

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
GabooN that website has some awsome pics, I am in awe!
My lenses came today and I have been playing around, I need a tripod as my camera has awfull shutter lag, but thought I would share my results.
Beleive it or not the bottom pic is a leg from the shed skin of my salmon pink spiderling I think it looks really pretty I havent doctored it at all only resized it so I don't know where the blue hairs have appeared from.
The other pic is the fangs from the same skin. The skin btw is about size of a 50p coin (about 1.5 inches ish).

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
cool pics!

the cuticle (outside most layer) of tarantulas can occasionally refract light in a strange way... that might be what the blueing is from.

GabooN

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) was that with all the lenses on at once?

this isnt of my T, but i tried to get a few shots of my ijcp today using the lenses, but he wasn't coperating, this is the best i could do for today, i'll get closer in when he lets me :p Decent shot of his heat pits though. Just click for a larger(still reduced from origional) image

Last edited:

Imegnixs_Cinder

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is one stunning snake, I adore snakes even more than Tara's I think lol.
Yeah it was with all lenses on at once, wanted to see just how close I could get.
Have decided I hate my camera tho! really really bad shutter lag and manual focus wont work properly so have to keep it in auto focus and move the camera itself closer or further away. Trying to find a camera with better shutter speed, so far Im lost lol.