Spiderling Question

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a little less than half inch T I got as a freebie.It just molted,how long should I wait to feed it ? I know its at least a week for larger T's is it the same for the tiny ones ? Its a B. Aungustum if that matters.

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I usually wait 2-3 days, I also typically look at their fangs to make sure they are black just in case.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I been feeding it cut up crickets,this is the smallest T. I have ever had.It had stopped eating so I thought I had done something wrong.I was delighted to see that it had molted and that was the reason it was refusing food.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I do prekilled crix about 5 days after a molt. If they're not ready they won't eat, simple as that. Just make sure they're dead or at the very least incapacitated with no functioning mouthparts. I've not had much luck with slingies taking cut up mealworm for some reason though. For the really tiny ones (like yours and smaller) a meaty cricket drumstick (leg) works ok too.

At first i only wanted bigger slings/juvies but i'm coming around to working with small slings. They molt so quickly; it's pretty fun to watch them grow.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, it doesn't take as long for little slings to dry and be ready to eat as it does larger T's. Wait 3 to 4 days offer food, and see. You can also crush a crickets head slightly before offering it. The cricket won't be able to hurt the little T, and it will still move a little which will attract the sling.