Spiderling is not moving, and reacting.

skenoboy

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody, basically I'm a dumbass. This morning I left for work and, without realizing it, i left my spiderling's enclosure in a beam of sun, wich during the day became stronger. When I got home (4 hours later) i realized how stupid I am. Now it's not moving, i even tried touching it gently with my brush and it's not responding. Is it dying?
Could be in premolt I'm not sure because it ate a lot yesterday.
Here's a picture IMG_20210420_160854.jpg

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Picture is not very clear, but it doesn't look good. Looks very much like a death curl. Premolt doesn't make them unresponsive, just a bit sluggish.

Best you can do is fill a bottle cap or small dish with fresh water and stick the spider's face right in it, with the rump out. If you're lucky, it's alive enough to rehydrate itself and MAYBE survive.

But I think you may be out of luck.

PS what kind of spider?

skenoboy

Arachnopeon
Picture is not very clear, but it doesn't look good. Looks very much like a death curl. Premolt doesn't make them unresponsive, just a bit sluggish.

Best you can do is fill a bottle cap or small dish with fresh water and stick the spider's face right in it, with the rump out. If you're lucky, it's alive enough to rehydrate itself and MAYBE survive.

But I think you may be out of luck.

PS what kind of spider?
I'm so stupid, i basically killed it... my god.
it's a Grammostola pulchripes btw.
Do you have any idea how much time I'll have to wait to see if it's gonna be alright?

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Beating yourself up won't help. You made a mistake. I think every keeper here has made a mistake at some point which injured or even killed a critter in our care. All you can do now is learn from it and become a better hobbyist for it.

I'd give it 24-48 hours. If no change or if it gets worse, it's gone. I'm sorry.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Presumably, though, if it had only just fed then it won't be dehydrated?
I wonder if it's more to do with seriously overheating.
Direct sunlight, even on a cool day, can increase the temperature of an enclosure its beaming through.

skenoboy

Arachnopeon
Direct sunlight, even on a cool day, can increase the temperature of an enclosure its beaming through.
i left some water just in case of that, but it's still not moving nor reacting so I'm losing all my hope...

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Very likely, but the only
Yes, but the best treatment there is for overheating, be it for mammals or inverts, is fluids...