Spiderling growth rate

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm think about ordering a couple of spiderlings (all are 1,5-2 cm size) of the following species; P.Regalis, P.Irmina and P.Murinus all fastgrowers. But how long will it take for them to get to adult coloration and such? i mean how many months? i'm not talkin adult size.. but about 3 inches maybe?

cheers

Fuggrur

Arachnopeon
I got a P. Regalis that is 2 - 2.5 inches tops.. And he/she has the nice adult colors.. Although Im sure they will get more impressive with size :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
IME, P regalis grows quickly.
Unfortunately, mine escaped before I could chart more growth, but here is what happened with mine:

arrived 1-17-02
size was approx 2.5"

molted 2-22-02 to 3.75" ...huge growth!
unfortunately, escaped on 3-16-02, and looking like she was in pre molt again.
I'm expecting another P regalis sling and a P fasciata today. They will be smaller, at about 1.5" or so.
I expect they will molt at LEAST once a month, and have large growth rates as well..hope that helps a bit

EDIT: oops, forgot to say that she was kept at 80 degrees, and fed quite often, 2-3 X per week

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
butting in

Sorry to butt in here, since my s'ling is of a far different breed, but perhaps someone could help me out. i know that the G. Pulchra grows slowly compared to many other species.....but how slowly? how often should i expect a molt? i guess i could just wait and see for myself, but i'm kinda curious.
Thanks,
The Rookie

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Schlinkey:
You can take a look at www.bighairyspiders.com , nice molting records (the regalis indeed grows fast I see!)

Rookie,
Don't know about the pulchra, but my smithi's (when they were slings) molted every three months or so, and they are supposed to be real slow growers

greetz,
Joost