Spider, ID

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’m probably just releasing it outside found in the basement. IMG_7125.jpeg IMG_7124.jpeg IMG_7122.jpeg

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Metaltella simoni maybe? It's helpful to know the state and a photo showing the eye arrangement helps a ton.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That looks to be a Tenegara domestica. They're called house spiders for a reason hahah. House centipedes and house spiders (Parasteatoda) and the theriids and pholcids, all seem to exist in direct competition with each other in my house. I'vd found Scutigera preyed upon by Theriids multiple times. We don't have T domestica like Europe and CA, but we have all the others. Steatoda is my favorite, they're so prey driven and they're fascinating to watch web late at night when they get comfortable. My house is cureently colonized by Steatoda triangulosa.

I;m sure when/if I;m able to keep a real widow, I'll love it just the same.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
That looks to be a Tenegara domestica. They're called house spiders for a reason hahah. House centipedes and house spiders (Parasteatoda) and the theriids and pholcids, all seem to exist in direct competition with each other in my house. I'vd found Scutigera preyed upon by Theriids multiple times. We don't have T domestica like Europe and CA, but we have all the others. Steatoda is my favorite, they're so prey driven and they're fascinating to watch web late at night when they get comfortable. My house is cureently colonized by Steatoda triangulosa.

I;m sure when/if I;m able to keep a real widow, I'll love it just the same.
So just leave it alone next time they can find there way outside? Great info !!! ℹ

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So just leave it alone next time they can find there way outside? Great info !!! ℹ
? No, relocating it outside is fine..

edit: Also I couldnt tell if you were being snarky or not my bad. Tone doesnt translate well over text lol

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
How did I miss a Tetchy post 😆
If you find another keep them. I love Tetchy my girl had an arboreal set up in a huge 7lt jar and the webbing 😍 put my chilobrachys to shame my large female Tetchy for who all Tegenaria are named was one of the best spiders if not the best spider I ever kept! She was one of the extra large ones filled that jar every inch with thick web and took down anything that went in her viv and on her last moult she hit 3inches she was a huge leopard print webbing eating machine. I miss her everyday and even now her viv sits in my cupboard still with her web and decore I am sopy and she was my first ever spider I can't bring myself to pull it apart. But Tetchy make great pets .
Although just leaving them be or putting them outside is fine too 😊