Spider ID

NYAN

Arachnoking
74D40F09-944E-4AB3-99B6-B28DC9526B53.jpeg I’m thinking Zorpisidae, but am not certain. It was found under a rock with a burrow in southeastern Arizona.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
The eye arrangement doesn't look right for Zoropsidae. Was there a Zoropsid genus you were comparing to?

I'm still looking, but no leads yet. /r/spiders on reddit has a few arachnologists that are amazing with true spider IDs.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I searched Zoropsidae eyes on google actually.

I suppose the one that I found could’ve been something else.

The genus Zorposis hasn’t similar shape and eyes though.

Last edited:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I searched Zoropsidae eyes on google actually.

I suppose the one that I found could’ve been something else.

The genus Zorposis hasn’t similar shape and eyes though.
To me, Zoropsis eyes have a more pronounced/larger pair of posterior medial eyes, and the posterior lateral eyes are further offset to the rear. Compare.

I'm certainly not sure, it could be a Zoropsid. For Zoropsis spinimana, I also thought they were only found in California as they've been introduced there. SE Arizona is some distance and I don't see any other members of the genus listed on bugguide.net.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I'm certainly not sure, it could be a Zoropsid. For Zoropsis spinimana, I also thought they were only found in California as they've been introduced there. SE Arizona is some distance and I don't see any other members of the genus listed on bugguide.net.
That’s a good point that I totally forgot. They are a Mediterranean species.

I retract my guess in that case and still don’t know what it is.

NYAN

Arachnoking
That looks much more like it. I actually skimmed that genus over when I was searching myself.