Spider ID???

Colbymgeek

Arachnosquire
I found this guy first on the ceiling in the front room. A few days later, my dad noticed what I think is the same spider on the dining room ceiling. He said I had to do somethin' about it, so I put the little guy in a plastic cup I had. I'm wondering what kind of spider he is. I would guess he's some sort of jumping spider, but I have no clue beyond that, if that much is right.
I've attached pictures; I don't know if they'll be any help since they're not the best, but if anyone recognizes what s/he might be... That'd be a great help! Oh, and I wouldn't say his leg span is any longer than an inch, if that much. Thanks!
P.S. I know the pictures look like they're of different spiders, but they're all of the little guy in my plastic container, so I'm pretty sure they're all the same spider!!

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
It looks to me like a Jumping Spider in the genus Phiddipus. :)

Colbymgeek

Arachnosquire
Yeah? I've been looking up some different species, and I'm thinking maybe it's a Phiddipus Audax? But I have no experience with identifying spiders, so it's all guesswork for me!
Thanks for your help!

Colbymgeek

Arachnosquire
Oh yeah, I guess that would've been useful information... I'm in Utah; it's pretty cold right now.