Spider ID help please- Southeastern US

Chillilisous

Arachnopeon
While on a hike in western South Carolina today I came across a stone wall built in 1820. It was absolutely covered in these spider webs at every nook and cranny. I was hoping someone could identify what they are for me?
This picture was the best I could get with my camera phone, I plan to go back there with my DSLR this weekend when I get a chance. On an added note, do trapdoor spiders live in the area? I know the world expert is about an hour away at WCU.
The millipede was just one I happened to see going by and thought was cute.

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I believe that there are some trapdoor species found in the Upstate of SC, but this isn't one of them. Pretty sure this is one of the "grass spiders", Agelenopsis sp. prob. gracilis, which are also known locally as "funnel web" or "sheet web" spiders. They are very common in the Upstate, especially this time of year. The millipede is Narcaeus americanus just in case you were wondering about that, too.

Chillilisous

Arachnopeon
Thank you!
Funnel web had been my guess after seeing the distinctive hole in many webs leading into the rock face, but good to confirm. And yes it would be very unlikely indeed to find a trapdoor behaving like this. I fear my eyes are going to need some training yet before I can learn to spot their doors in the ground, any tips?

And thanks for the added info on the millipede, I had seen another around Kentucky but the best I could do with it was flame leg millipede (it had red legs and more red between its segments).

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
This appears to be a Coras species- a problematic genus, once considered hacklemesh weavers, yet lacking a cribellum. Some sources state they are agelenidae, others state amaurobiidae.

kjm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some really cool pictures. Nicely done :)