Spider fighting

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I'd like to know how exactly they train the spiders. Running laps? Pushups? A promised reward of a specialty diet if they win? I've got nothing.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Train spiders? Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.............
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When are people going to realize that Wikipedia is NOT gospel and yet.... another worthless thread has been started........

That was 15 seconds off of my life wasted and I would like it back please!!!!!! :mad:

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
when are people going to realize that Wikipedia is NOT gospel and yet.... another worthless thread has been started........

That was 15 seconds off of my life wasted and I would like it back please!!!!!!
Whats your problem? I was sharing something I found. I didnt say anything about it being true or not or if I believed it or not. All I said was I thought it was interesting and I was sharing for others to read. Thats quite the nerve you got.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whats your problem? I was sharing something I found. I didnt say anything about it being true or not or if I believed it or not. All I said was I thought it was interesting and I was sharing for others to read. Thats quite the nerve you got.
I might have been a little snappy to respond. For that I apologize. But when you mark your post as "interesting" I (as most people) would think informative interesting... Not "funny game to get foreign 3 year olds hooked on gambling" interesting. And for the record... Every week, there is some post about a youtube video or somethign similar about some spider getting off'ed for the entertainment value for everyone watching.

Simply put... It gets old!

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I might have been a little snappy to respond. For that I apologize. But when you mark your post as "interesting" I (as most people) would think informative interesting... Not "funny game to get foreign 3 year olds hooked on gambling" interesting. And for the record... Every week, there is some post about a youtube video or somethign similar about some spider getting off'ed for the entertainment value for everyone watching.

Simply put... It gets old!
Fair enough but remember, just because you dont like something doesn't mean others dont.
The fact that you dont find this article interesting doesn't mean others wont.
Oh and as for every week there is a post of a youtube video or article, so what? It keeps the site alive. It gives us something to talk about. I like watching the videos and reading the articles personally.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it's interesting :)

Is it really not a plausible thing to do? I certainly think it is.

When are people going to realize that Wikipedia is NOT gospel and yet.... another worthless thread has been started........

That was 15 seconds off of my life wasted and I would like it back please!!!!!! :mad:
I googled Kumo Gassen & it came up with a ton of links relating to spider fighting. So i'd imagine it really happens

This guy has a ton about it on his facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Larong-Kalye/102552764772?v=app_2347471856

There are also videos of it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spider+fighting+in+the+philippines&aq=2

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can't train your spiders to fight, period.

Btw, I agree with CAK.

Salamanderhead - regarding the comment on 'keeping the site alive'...the site stays plenty alive without the types of threads CAK is referring to. It would leave room for threads with actual substance and meaning.

No offense intended.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No offense taken but I dont agree with you. I dont see any lack of room for threads. I highly doubt these are taking up any space.
I did put this in the wrong forum without noticing but some people liked the article and thats all that matters. If someone doesnt want to read it then dont. If you did read it then move on.

Different people like different things. If it wasnt that way then we wouldnt have a tarantula hobby.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Different people like different things. If it wasnt that way then we wouldnt have a tarantula hobby.
Or everyone would like tarantulas...

Regarding 'space' being taken up by threads - of course there is space being taken up on the server this site is hosted on. Maybe not much, but it's there. I was referring more to the actual 'clutter' when you browse the forums - all the useless threads people post (I'm not specifically targeting this thread, btw)...stuff like 'sex my spider' or 'G. rosea won't eat' or 'what spider should i get next?' take up a slot on the page you're viewing. They make it more difficult to find threads that actually have educational or informative value.

Chat isn't as much of a big deal since it's not really the 'meat' of this site, although I do find some pretty good threads in here from time to time.