sperm web?

johnniecoltrane

Arachnopeon
When I got my g rosea, I was told that it was a female. I've had Twiggy for about 6 months now, and she had her first molt with me about a month ago.
She's been very active now when it's dim, and completely hides in her enclosure when the brighter lights are on. She's much more of a hunter, jumping out and attacking her crickets immediately now, instead of cowering and skulking for a few hours before eating them.

Well, she's a totally different spider since recovering from her molt, and I noticed that her abdomen isn't nearly as big as I had thought it would be, despite eating every other day.

This morning I watched her shimmy up the side of her tank an inch and deposit glistening white droplets onto the ground. She did this four times, and then wandered around her small space. These droplets are now a powder dot, one of which she smeared across the glass with her front legs.

I'm reading the Tarantula keepers guide, and it talks about sperm webs, and wanderlust amongst newly matured males looking for a mate.

Is my she a he? Does this mean she will die sooner that I had thought, and how do I go about getting her laid ?

Thank you!
Amber

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I got my g rosea, I was told that it was a female. I've had Twiggy for about 6 months now, and she had her first molt with me about a month ago.
She's been very active now when it's dim, and completely hides in her enclosure when the brighter lights are on. She's much more of a hunter, jumping out and attacking her crickets immediately now, instead of cowering and skulking for a few hours before eating them.

Well, she's a totally different spider since recovering from her molt, and I noticed that her abdomen isn't nearly as big as I had thought it would be, despite eating every other day.

This morning I watched her shimmy up the side of her tank an inch and deposit glistening white droplets onto the ground. She did this four times, and then wandered around her small space. These droplets are now a powder dot, one of which she smeared across the glass with her front legs.

I'm reading the Tarantula keepers guide, and it talks about sperm webs, and wanderlust amongst newly matured males looking for a mate.

Is my she a he? Does this mean she will die sooner that I had thought, and how do I go about getting her laid ?

Thank you!
Amber

I dont think what you seen her / him do has anything to do with a sperm web..if you look in that guide book (if we have the same book) you'll see what a sperm web looks like and its about the size of a regular web maybe a little bigger and only males make it....so what you probably see your T do was smear tarantula feces all on the wall of the enclosure.

(if im wrong someone please correct me)

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
Psuedo Sperm Web

Look on the bright side... at least your T is regular.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Sounds pretty much like the T pooping what you described.

That the abdomen is smaller after a moult is normal. From the description of what happened it's impossible to tell what gender the spiders is. A picture would offer a better clue.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like your T had diarrhea. Haha. Tried wipeing it with her leg, man that sucks. {D

Austin