Sperm web or....

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bunch of the ground is layered in silk and covered in substrate, you can barely see the silk but if you tough it it all moves...what's that all about?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Most of the time a sperm web is destroyed after it has served its purpose, but you should see remains similar to this in varying amounts. What species are we talking about?

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Same spider as the "Possable infestation" forum >.> haha I ask alot of questions, it's a G.Rosea...I think it's a girl but..after seeing that I wasn't sure..no it's not nearly that much webbing, and it's in almost a straight path right across the tank and covering a flat rock. reminds me of a runway to the hide haha.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh well a female will lay down webbing when she wants to to. There is a big difference between a mature male and a female. You should go cruise some of the picture threads to see what I am talking about. The male when mature will have hooks that are pretty darn hard to miss.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's why I thought he is a she..."It's" a fair size...(I dunno how big they get before maturity, I know size doesn't determine it but...you know how it is)I'd say its a little over 3" no hooks..no gloves...no drumming..i dunno. I also heard rosies are not a big fan of webbing so..

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That's why I thought he is a she..."It's" a fair size...(I dunno how big they get before maturity, I know size doesn't determine it but...you know how it is)I'd say its a little over 3" no hooks..no gloves...no drumming..i dunno. I also heard rosies are not a big fan of webbing so..

It may be a moulting mat... it did leave 2 crickets in it's hide. Food refusal is a good sign of an upcoming moult... just a thought

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, it might be a moulting mat. Most of my T's will dig a slight depression, then web over it and moult on top of it. When did your T last moult?